Honest opinions on Lendale White?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Ok well one of the big questions that are hot right now is who will be our running back next yr.? Will we go with Turner if the right deal emerges or will we just stick with Lendale? I personally think that Lendale is a great back. I know a lot of people out there think that he is "fat" and out of shape, but I like him. He averaged somewhere around 4.5 yds per carry last yr. and I know that he didn't get the ball an extrodinary amount, but that's still pretty good for a rookie. Also, look at the Rose Bowl when USC played Texas. Two of the nations BEST teams at the time (one of the teams our unbelievable quaterback was on) and Reggie Bush gets hurt and Lendale comes in and doesn't just keep the pace going, but threw in a whole shock wave at Texas's defense. I remember telling myself "who is this dude?!" I know that he might not be a Ladanian Tomlinson, but I really think he is a great back, but it all depends on how much work he puts in this offseason. My question to all of you is what is your truly honest opinion on Lendale and what he will do for our team?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I thought LenDale was dominant in the Rose Bowl
    and reports had him at or near his current "inflated" weight
    bulk does not concern me as long as he can play with it on

but he HAS to grow up a little
    he needs to work on stamina and conditioning

it's too early to tell if he's capable of toting the rock for a season, but he won't get that test until this offseason to be the "featured" back, nor will he get much of a shot if Turner is aquired. HE could very well end up being one of these guys who got stuck on a team for years before going somewhere else and busts out

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If he comes into camp in shape and psyched to battle for the position I think he could do well. Regardless, this team could the addition of proven vet experience at RB - at least this year...

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Great college back.

He has done nothing to impress me that he has an NFL mentality. He doesn't seem to have the "hunger" to hit the weights and train aerobically as well.

Kind of like the straight A high school student who had talent, but when he got to college never realized it was going to take a LOT of studying to get the A's and be top of the class (or simply didn't want to).

In short, he is lazy.

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Don't have an opinion yet. I haven't see enough of him.

6. Frankly, no one knows enough about him to have a realistic opinion because he was behind Travis Henry all year as a rookie. Odds are we'll know this year because he'll probably start (or he'll blow his chance to start).

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He worries me a lot. Feels like a bust to me. After all we've heard about this conditioning, I will be surprised if he pans out.

8. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Lendale is a fat bag of crap. He's one of those guys that would do anything to be able to continue his lifestyle without playing football. Edgerrin James is the same way, except he's way more talented, and naturally 'slimmer.'

I've got a friend who spent a lot of time with White last summer before the draft, so I've heard the good word about his demeanor. Let's just say that his eating, drinking, and smoking were not put on hold to raise his draft status. I don't know what his playing weight is, but he was close to 260 that summer.

I thought it was a good pick for you guys, but I doubt if he'll last too long. He's just not talented enough to not give it his all.

[​IMG]

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO he really is a lazy fat bag of crap.

If Fisher had any confidence in him we wouldn't be looking at Turner. RB is one position where a rookie can be effective right off the bat. Even if a guy can't block for his QB he can still tear it up behind a good line.

White had from about June to the end of the year to get into shape but all we heard was one excuse after another. With Henry carrying the load there was no reason why White couldn't have hit the gym hard & make things happen.

People comparing him to Eddie makes me sick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar