Homegrown Talent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by scottieboy97, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

2002: Drafted
    DT Albert Haynesworth
    SS Tank Williams
    LB Rocky Calmus
    CB Mike Echols
    CB Tony Beckham
    LB Rocky Boiman
    WR Jake Schifino
    C Justin Hartwig
    WR Darrell Hill
    DE Carlos Hall

Still on Team: Haynesworth

2003: Drafted
    CB Andre Woolfolk
    WR Tyrone Calico
    RB Chris Brown
    DT Rien Long
    S Donnie Nickey
    G Todd Williams

Still on Team: None

2004: Drafted
    TE Ben Troupe
    DE Travis LaBoy
    DE Antwan Odom
    DT Randy Starks
    CB Rich Gardner
    DE Bo Schobel
    CB Michael Waddell
    G Jacob Bell
    LB Rob Reynolds
    FB Troy Fleming
    DT Jared Clauss
    C Eugene Amano
    TE Sean McHugh

Still on Team: Amano

the way things are going we can say goodbye to michael roos, brandon jones, david stewart, vincent fuller, bo scaife, roydell williams, and reynaldo hill soon

why is it that we never keep our own players... i mean we kept 2 out of the 30 players drafted from 2002 to 2004

do we not like our own talent or do we just suck at drafting that bad?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Reese sucks.....MR needs a strong class this year though. Last years is a little lacking but its early.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The reason Floyd Reese is now an ESPN commentator.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Wow that list is depressing... Reese had some good years, but those 3 drafts are the reason we are in the situation we're in. Of the players we've let go - how many are even in the league anymore?

Roos & Stewart. I don't agree we'll let them go - I think those 2 guys + AH are the reason we're letting others go this year. MR identified who we can/can't live without, and is (hopefully) willing to wrap those guys up long term.

Jones & Williams are in the poop or get off the pot year now... might not see them back.

Fuller & Hill... Fuller is a decent backup, but I wouldn't say we need to go overboard to keep him around. Hill will probably be gone.

MR might have done ok in his 1st draft... Griffin is going to stick for a long time. Johnson should be solid if the injury is healed up. Looks like Harris will stick. Henry was getting some traction late in the year, and the suspension came at a bad time. The jury is still out on him, but you can't call him a bust yet. That list is a decent draft - not fantastic but solid. But he needs a string of good drafts to make up for 2002-2004.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If we somehow let Roos go, we might all have a legitimate reason to start acting like the sky is falling.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2002: carlos hall, haynesworth, tank williams, rocky calmus, rocky boiman all contributed and were pretty solid players until they left.

2003: chris brown was good for awhile, but i'll give you this one, this draft sucked.

2004: leboy, odom, starks, bell, and amano all contributed to their positions...

we seem to have talent with these players but they have a tendency to want too much money...its not lack of talent.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure how you can blame Reese for drafting guys that are good enough to sign nice big contracts after 4 years. We should add Hartwig to the list of pretty decent picks. How about Roos, Stewart, and Finnegan. How about Young and LW?

I agree Reese had some bad drafts right at a time we couldn't afford them but so far Reese might be a draft genius compared to MR. Can you say Chris Henry? Paul Williams? 2nd and 3rd round picks! Reese didn't sign Fowler either.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i agree. i think mr is a moron still. i dont care who he signs. reese made some good calls, last years draft was awful:hang:

chris henry should have been a third or fourth round pick...there were still so many great players on the board. fowler was supposed to be a special teams great, not our starting middle linebacker. tulloch is better.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Reese was also responsible for getting us into a mess with the salary cap.:yes:

10. And making us a yearly Super Bowl contender for many years in a row...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar