Holt to Jags

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by yanek27, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm not too impressed with Tulloch or Keglar to this point. I actually like Tulloch but I think teams would start picking on him if he were on the outside all the time. Bulluck and Thornton both still play at a high level, but they are reaching their twilight years. It's inevitable. And WHEN they start slowing down, it will likely happen fast. I agree that corner is a HUGE need right now, and I never want to see Faggins line up on the outside, especially at number one CB like Carr did last season. You pretty much said it yourself though. The heart of the defense, and when it's gone, we'll need another, and yes, even if it rides the pine for a couple years. IMO, Gage and Harper are MUCH easier to replace than Bulluck and/or Thornton.

I'm glad we didn't get Holt, and I'm glad the Jags did. Let them watch him turn into dust and bones. You'll see this season why only two teams with questionable at best QB's and in the running for the worst WR cores in the league showed interest in Holt. Furthermore, that means more quality young WR's might slip down to us at number thirty. It would be sweet if someone else signed Harrison, and Arizona traded away Boldin before the draft.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well, the bright side of this is this time around we got brushed off by an FA wide receiver, but we get to make him regret that decision twice a year until he retires. Here's to beating down the Jags!

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's why I wouldn't mind if one of the USC LBs fall to us. Cause if Clay Matthews is anything like his daddy and Uncle Bruce he'll be one of the greats.

Plus we can still get a DB in the 2nd or 3rd if not later.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Congratulations on getting a yes-or-no question right. :applause:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ummm... I'm pretty sure at least 80% of fans refused to get their hopes up. I don't think you told everyone A week after his visit, I knew it was over. I really don't care. I've read so many reports on his knee being extremely weak. You would think he has a lot left in the tank, but I'm thinking he's only good for one more year... average at best. The Jags needed him more than we do. Gage and Washington are better than Holt as of right now IMO. Hakeem Nicks is a receiver with hands of gold. We need him. I think he can make a smooth transition to the NFL, and I hope and pray that we can draft him.

3 months ago, huh? So on January 20 (10 days after we lost to the Ravens) you gave up on getting Holt before there were any talks of him signing with another team? ;)

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

i hope finny is the one to do it!! wow that was kind of messed up huh?:evil:

7. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Man can yall please stay on the topic!!! I started reading this threat from the begining and I found myself all the sudden reading about the ravens game. I went trough 5 pages!!!!!!! All about the game, go to the threat about the game and debate there!!! This threat is for Holt signing with Jags. Anyways.

Eventhough I wanted to get Holt, I realized he was a big factor of TEN not winning the SB back in '99 . So it's good that we didnt get him. According to Foxsports he signed a 3yr/15million dollar deal with possible becoming 20 million. And why would we want Boldin? I would be more happy to draft a wr. We have experienced WR in Cage. Also we can also re-sign the one and only McCerrians.(sarcasm)

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

When a pro athlete says he wants to win a championship, it usually means; it's about the money.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

He is use to losing so no big deal for him.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Evidently not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar