Hoge: on Pittsburgh radio re: Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

It seems like Merril is going on a nationwide tour of radio statios saying "I told you so." He was on the Thom Abraham show in Nashville a few days ago, and said the same kind of crap.

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Oh yeah? Well **** him!

3. LonghornSean

LonghornSean Camp Fodder

Since his rookie year, there is no denying that VY has been average at best. The Titans are better off with Collins right now, there is no denying that. VY's future in the league is very much in question at this point.

But Hoge has something very personal against VY and this is what is wrong with what he says. Yes, he has been right about Vince struggling to be able to read defenses and pass accurately, as much as it pains me to say that. But that is not why his schtick pisses me off. You don't hear him continuously bashing any of the other failed draft picks that he may have called, only VY.

I don't know about some of the stuff regarding riding a limo and what Fisher said pre-draft. But everything he says in regards to Vince's recruitment and career in college is completely untrue. VY was the #1 recruit in the nation. No one stopped recruiting him because "he was a baby". That is absurd, and I think if you look at VY's college career you will realize that too. You guys can call me a Texas homer (which I am, but I am also a Titans fan), but Hoge has a personal vendetta and will say anything to prove that Vince is failure.

Go Titans.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Was he on Abraham's show live? They played this clip on 106.7 a couple of times Friday, but I didn't hear him on there otherwise.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

I don't know if what Hoge said is true or not but if it isn't true Hoge is a big time liar. And if it is true, no NFL coach will ever talk to Hoge again. Either way Hoge has really damaged his career.

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Fisher was on 104.5 earlier setting the record straight on some of the things that Hoge has been saying about him (Fisher) and Vince.

Fisher actually asked 104.5 to come on the radio to set the record straight. Fisher is always politically correct but he should have come out and just said "Hoge is a liar" but I understand why he didn't go to that extreme. I'm glad Fisher handled it the way he did. He just said that what Hoge is saying isn't true, plain and simple.

Again, I don't mind an NFL Analyst being critical of a player, especially pointing out the player's weakness including backing it up with x's and o's, but what Hoge has done and continues to do is slanderous and has crossed the Professionalism line many times when it comes to Vince.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

do you really think Fisher would come out and say that it was true?

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

The fact that Fisher requested to come on the radio to set the record straight speaks volumes in my opinion.

Fisher could have not responded at all, then one might wonder if it was true or not.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. The issue dies if he doesn't comment.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

just because he asked to come on the show proves nothing. Do you really know if he set the record straight or not? Not like we haven't heard Fisher talk out of one side of his mouth before :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar