Hitman and Stokes are a go for Sunday............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

That means: Wear extra pads, Chris Brown! That is, if you do end up having to play. Might we see more of Hall rushing if White is to be out? The Titans have a good shot at winning this game. Everyone who hasn't been keeping with the Titans thinks that the opinion above is crazy talk, but the Titans are starting to wake up from their 2 and a half year hibernation. Just like Fisher said to Brandon Jacobs' comment tonight, "Don't respect your opponent and you will have things like this happen to you."

2. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

You all know why Colt's fans put so much importance on Sanders? Because they know he's the only defensive player they've got with a pulse. Even Freeney (and I like Freeney alot) is more of just a talented pass rusher than a relentless playmaker (a la Peppers, Jason Taylor). Thus they over-emphasize Bob's importance b/c they don't have anybody else like him (but he'd be just one of a few good players on another team--ours included--b/c most other teams have a least a few of those types of players on the field at the same time). Take Chris Hope, who's just as good, but we don't have to anoint him our defensive savior b/c we have more than one guy with a defensive pulse.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

For all of you all of you so called fans who are thinking were gonna lose by a large margin just because of two guys playing r crazy. For one there both still banged up and rusty and if you haven't noticed were winning football games. This team is so confident and pumped to play the Colts and get sweet revenge. Yeah there gonna stack the box but that doesn't automatically mean we can't run just because of bob sanders and Vince showed last week he can throw so show some confidence in ur team.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

It's hard to argue with a 10-1 record, but these are not the Colts we've seen over the past couple years.

Look at their schedules for '04 and '05....they won big week after week, blowing out virtually every opponent by 2-3 TD's. They outclassed and overpowered teams on a regular basis.

This year's been a different story; seven of their ten wins have been by a TD or less...four by a field goal or less, with games in question right down to the final gun. They're still the class of the AFC, but there are chinks in the armor...the rest of the league is catching up.

It's obvious that the Colts should win this game; in fact, on paper looks like a blowout....just like the last time we saw them. Or when they played the Bills....or the Jets. The Colts won these three games by a total of 5 points.

Sure, a win is a win....and the Colts have more than anyone. But their wins are coming a lot harder than they have in recent years. The Titans current roster is built to keep games close, and VY is quickly establishing himself as a guy who thrives on pressure. If the Titans can hang around until late in the game, there's a very good chance they steal this one.

I haven't felt this optimistic about a Colts game since 2003....and it feels damn good.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I just want to hit Gayton hard and often.

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Hmmm.., sounds to me like they might be a little afraid if they play them earlier than expected.....

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think we will pull this one out! At least I want to with all I got!

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, because we also got "killed" by them on the road right?

9. No, because they are the better team. And I think we're in a perfect position for a letdown coming off an emotional comeback win.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar