Hines Ward on LP Field, Fisher and Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Great Stuff!

(on LP Field’s ranking among the loudest places to play)

It is right up there. Their fan base is tremendous down there. It gets loud on the field. It is something that we are going to work with with the crowd noise because every time we go down there it is something that we have to work on because it can be a factor if you sit there and don’t take advantage of the opportunities you got down there. Their fans get behind that team. Coach Fisher has been there for the longest [current NFL tenure]; I remember coming in and playing in Nashville at the Vanderbilt old stadium he was still there. I love everything about Coach Fisher and everything he means to that team and organization. Every time we play them, I always give him a handshake and pat him on the butt, but he is a great coach and those fans really believe in him, the team and what he’s doing, so it is a tough place to play at.

(on if he thinks that a coach’s message can become ineffective with a team if he’s there too long)

No, when you buy into a system and stuff—there are only so many motivational speeches you can do. It’s all about preparation. Coach Tomlin did it the same way, when he first got here he gave us all these speeches and now he’s kind of backed off from them now that he’s been here for a while and knows his team and what not. You have to adjust to your team. I think Coach Fisher knows the type of team, knows the type of players that he brings into the organization. So he doesn’t really have to give a lot of motivational speeches because he knows the type of guys he brings onto this team.

(on Cortland Finnegan)

I love everything about Cortland, his little tenacious defense. He is always going after guys in run block or passing and whatever. I remember the one game we played down there, I scored a touchdown and he laid a pretty good hit on me. He is a little feisty guy. I like him because he plays with a chip on his shoulder, a young guy with great talent, coming out of a small school trying to prove himself. You can see that each and every week he gets out on the field. It is always a tough challenge going against Cortland.

(on if there are similarities to his game and Finnegan’s game)

Yes. He has a little nastiness, a little dog in him. I like that. Every time I watch him, I kind of smile. We are still competitors. We are going to go out there and compete and at the end of the game shake hands and wish each other good luck and go on about our business.

(on whether Finnegan does a lot of talking on the field)

Not to me. We don’t trash talk each other. The respect factor is there. Like I said, I just love the way he plays the game. He doesn’t take a lot of stuff from a lot of people. You like that in a guy.

2. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

Yea, he doesn't talk trash, but seems like everytime he comes to nashville, some guy in the #31 jersey pops him in the mouth :wink2:

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good stuff.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hines Ward is owed a beatdown.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would have HW on our team in a heartbeat...have always loved the way he plays the game...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to agree. I don't really like him from the standpoint that he is a Steeler but the man plays the game with a ton of heart and is tough as s..+

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Damn, never knew we have so many secret Steeler fans here.
    Hines Ward can suck it.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. DivineDiva

DivineDiva Camp Fodder

LOL!!! :ha:

Why all the niceties between the Steeler and Titans players and coaches?
    Respect? Or no one wants to be bulletin board material?

This is a rivalry! Someone needs to be popping off at the mouth! LOL!

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He has successfully won many of you over, and when he comes to town, he will be trash talking and cheap-shotting like he always does. He is not a classy guy, he is a piece of S#!+
    I hope we break the media darling's jaw, that's if he even gets any catches from Dixon's dead duck throws.

You can run and tell that,
    homeboy.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What is this!? I was seriously thinking about complimenting a Steeler, that shouldn't happen. I hope Finnegan beats him up this weekend. Go Titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar