Hill to start against Giants instead of Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

'Fisher on CB Cortland Finnegan’s play and getting a second look for a starting role:

(Reynaldo Hill) is our starter. He comes back this week and doesn’t have any problems with his ankle, Rey will be back in the lineup. Good part about it is that (Cortland Finnegan) has not played a lot of corner(back), he’s been our nickel(back), he was our nickel(back) throughout most of the preseason. One week’s preparation time, (and he) shows what he is capable of doing. He’s aggressive, he can run, he can play the ball and he loves to play. He’s got a short memory, and he loves to play. It’s nice to know that we can lean on him when we need to in case there’s an injury.'

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=4375

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

S***, dissappointed but not suprised
    Why cant Fish pull a Del Rio and be "cautious" with an injury and let the other guy play to see what he is capable of

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This IMO is a terrible decision. No way I can support Fisher on this one.

Nevertheless (my biggest word yet), TJ I blame Schwartz in advance of the Giants game :biglaugh:

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, it is a shame because I really wanted to see at least one more game with Finnegan as the starter.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Maybe before the game you can lay your hands on him & work some faith healing gig

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I will watch over him, my child.

:brow:

oh that is almost a warnable post for religious discussion.

7. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Great call Fish, guess your looking to lose.... Ehhh I'm not going to complain we need the losses, but I'll guaruntee Hill will suck it up Sunday

8. Alright...

Let Hill start the next few games, he is the starter after all, and if he stinks, make Finnegan the starter, at least gunny gets to see the ''chosen one'' for the first time...

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How about just the 1, and if he stinks he's out? I think it's fair to give Hill the opportunity to prove it's his job unless he's injured, but he needs to play very well to beat out Finnegan.

Of course, my theory is still that Fisher will play anyone with Dreadlocks in our backfield..... maybe he's hoping they can't tell which one is Pacman....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar