Hey Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

thats 12.5 yards per catch.... Washington had 117 yards on 6 catches which is 19.5. Now that is Impressive. The reason why is because he can actually go down field and catch a ball. Fry

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, Wright only had four catches against the Cardinals that went for 20+ yards. 26, 23, 20 and 20.

Can't get down field though.

Since you made the comparison between Washington and Wright we can take a look at "explosive plays," considered by most to be 20+ yards down the field. Wright has 16 and Washington has 10.

Anyone with a half a brain can look at how we use Wright and can see his YPC takes a hit because we throw so many smoke routes to him that go for three yards. 1. a screen to Wright is more likely to pick up positive yards than a run because we can't run the ball for **** and 2. it's an easy way to get the ball to a guy who can make something happen.

But go ahead and keep living in the bubble.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I can't tell if you only pay attention to NFL on a fantasy level.

So what if he only has 2 tds, the dude has been clutch, catching great, running great routes, diving for the ball, taking major hits and getting right back up. You have no clue what you are talking about. He is by definition an impressive player.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Urine idiot

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sooooo...you don't want a first down on every catch?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

Look into the Titans v Cardinals game more closely. You'll see that the majority of the damage Wright did against the Cardinals was in the 4th quarter and against weaker "bend-don't-break" coverage" when the Cardinals were nursing their 34-17 lead.

His catches after the Cardinals built up the huge lead were for 20, 26, 23, 7, and 12 yards (88 total).

Before the 4th quarter, he had 7 receptions for 62 yards (on 13 targets). Not really impressive. Pimping Wright's game vs. the Cardinals is the same as saying Locker had a great game against the 49ers (where Locker sucked for 3 quarters before putting up stats & tds after the 49ers put up a big lead because of Locker's suckiness).

And.... Don't think you want to play the 20+ "explosive plays" game. Nice try though. For the 2013 season:

Wright: 1 rec for 20+ yards every 5.56 receptions.

Washington: 1 rec for 20+ yards every 5.6 receptions.

I agree, the way we use Wright causes his YPC to take a hit. Plug in Washington or Damian Williams into the same plays and I don't think there's a big difference on production. But he's a 1st round pick so we have to justify going too high on him by force feeding him the ball.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^ Some of our fans don't deserve nice things.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

Would welcome a debate on that. Or, you could just send me another "kill yourself" email. Either one works.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kendall Wright has all the moves, you want to feed him the ball quickly. He's better with the ball in his hands than out running routes. Throw him a 5-yard slant and he'll get the 1st.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are sitting here saying Damian Williams can do what Kendall does.

Well then why has he never done it?

I forgot you are the guy that celebrates when people die. If I'd remembered I wouldn't have bothered responding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar