Hey Jon Draft Me!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MrPickSix, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I posted this not too long ago, but...

I grew up with a kid that ended up in the NFL and ran a 4.4 at the combine. I grew up with another kid that went to Florida as a CB/WR and ran a 4.3 something there one spring.

There were kids growing up, including myself, that could run with them over relatively short distances like the 40. There difference is we didn't have the size, strength, and were as natural of athletes when it came to body control.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Also, 1000 lb squat as a high school kid is hard to believe because literally no one has been recorded as doing it.

People run 4.4's all the time. Most college football teams have several that do it and you know that all the world's fastest people don't gravitate to football.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No

If anyone squats 1000 they must have worked for years

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

You people need to stop calling me a liar cause you dont believe someone can squat 1000lbs lol

when have I EVER lied on this forum before?

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

oh

well thats not my fault, you guys could have said nothing all along and I might have not realized how bad an idea that was

Its better those people talked me out of it, I might have actually tried it and broken something lol

find something else

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It was my experience that MOST claimed 4.4 or faster are hand held by coaches. I coached (HS) and also had the opportunity to help out at a Try Out camp for a CFL team back in the day. As you stated, plenty of guys that showed up had "claimed" 4.4 or faster, when we put the electronic timers on them...usually they were between .1-.2 slower...just saying.

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

You are such a nerd

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Well yeah, there aren't a lot of opportunities to be timed electronically.

...but if you can run step for step with an electronically timed 4.4 guy, I'll give you credit for "4.4 speed".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar