Hey Ewker - about VY....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hooky Hornstein, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Did you already have a poster and color in his jersey to be a Titan?

When he [VY] leads us to the playoffs next season will you eat crow or look for excuses? You have to admit it, he is preforming way above expectations and especially for you who had him half in the bust ditch.

I will admit I wanted Leinert but I will also admit I was wrong.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I hate to bring everyone down to earth, but Vince has been very fortunate in the past two weeks. We could have easily lost the Giants game if not for a personal foul call on 4th down that kept that drive alive, and Kiwi letting Vince go on 4th down. That to me is far more luck than skill. In the Colts game, getting your kicker into position for a 60 yarder isn't that great of an accomplishment. Bironas has made Vince look very good these last two weeks, but I would save the heroworship for a while. I tend to post what I saw happen in the game, regardless of results. That being said, he has been competitve and managed the game pretty well. I just wonder if everyone would be as giddy had we lost the last two instead of pulling off miraculous wins?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's all fine and good but we have lost alot of close ones too.

i'm just saying.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Oh I follow, and I am glad we are competitve again, win or lose. I just hope people don't expect miracles every week and get disappointed if they don't happen.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so sorry you don't like my comments. I really don't care whether you do or not. There is an ignore button if you want to use it. To bad I stick with what I say unlike you. I don't say things because I get mad at a player like you do then come back and laugh it off.

I haven't seen anything to sway the way I think about Young. I said from the start he is a running QB and nothing else. His best asset is his legs not his arm. I don't care for running QB's.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no poster or jersey..sorry to disappoint you.

I will give you credit you didn't (that I remember) have him in the HOF before he played his first game like so many others did.

Why admit you were wrong because you wanted Leinart? You thought he would be the better QB. I think Cutler would have been also. I won't apologize for thinking that nor should you.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Leinart
    Year Team Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
    2006 Arizona Cardinals 295 164 55.6 1939 6.57 58 8 9 72.1

Young
    Year Team Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
    2006 Tennessee Titans 257 129 50.2 1486 5.78 37 10 10 64.8

Too soon to tell, but not bad stats for either rookie.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Titans 5-7

Cards 3-9

When it comes down to it that first column is the only one that matters.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't have a "problem" with your comments. ohhh.... got a little tude now eh? I'm just saying that you should open yourself to the possibility of being open minded. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the way you phrase things. Everything is so final. You sound like changing your mind is a bad thing. Bironas went out and did exactly what I said he couldn't do.
    Honestly, I don't think you watch alot of football. When Vince is on the field you are off in the woods somewhere hugging a tree. Vince throws like a laser. It's coming along quickly and it is plain as day. His passing numbers are going to be huge soon enough.

10. Code

Code Starter

Matt Leinart is going to be a good one. Jay Cutler may be a good one. Vince Young already is a good one.

Rookies don't lead back-to-back comebacks against legitimate playoff teams. There aren't enough superlatives to summarize VYs contribution.
    He may never be 25/35 for 300 yards. But I will gladly take 16 / 25 for 200 yards, seventy yards rushing, 3 tds, and exceptional 4th quarter play week after week.

You may as well start to enjoy it ... because if he is blessed with good health, he will be our starter for the next decade. Compare VY to John Elway or Steve Young in their first seasons. You will be pleasantly surprised.

As far as the other guys ... probably the best QB draft in history ... including Clemens, Gradkowski, and the rest. I think we got the best of the best, but only time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar