HEY BUD - Make the call!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You clearly aren't understanding me, I'll try to do a better job here. NEITHER are going to win this team playoff games. NEITHER. We can play Vince, Ramsey, hell Donnie Nickey, it doesn't matter...we can't win a playoff game with our current roster because we don't have a quarterback capable of doing it.

Collins didn't have *that* good of a season last year. He kept mistakes at a minimum because his DEFENSE could make him play a much more conservative style...we rarely had to come back in games. With that same conservative style in 2007, Vince managed 17 INT's vs only 9 TD's. That is almost statistically impossible given the low number of passes he was asked to make.

I think the key concern is understanding that it DOES take a top tier quarterback to win playoff football in the NFL. If you can't grasp that, I can see why you may want Vince leading your favorite football team...he's not quite as bad as Jamarcus Russell, and only slightly worse than Tarvaris Jackson.

There's a reason Minnesota (best RB, best run D, playmakers, etc) can barely sneak into the playoffs and NOT WIN PLAYOFF GAMES. It's quarterback play. Tarvaris Jackson isn't going to win ANY TEAM playoff games as history has shown us. Minnesota did in the offseason what i HOPED we would do; go get a QB with the tangibles to win playoff games.

History can not be more clear, with exceptions being at an extreme minimum that the league is built around a certain style quarterback. That is a pocket passer (who may have the ability to run, but not a necessity), intelligent decision maker who the players around him can rally around; particularly having the ability to put together a game winning drive because it will be necessary in the playoffs.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

First, Vince not winning a PO game so far does not necessarily translate into him not being able to. That's your opinion.
    Secondly, everyone who is calling for Vince to start isn't necessarily calling for him to start because they think he's going to come out and totally light it up; if he does, great.
    We just want to see him start so we can find out if he's worth keeping after the season. IMO, if the FO already thinks he's not worth keeping after the season, then just go ahead and dump him now. Keeping him on the roster whilst benching him, especially in light of our current situation, doesn't make any GD sense...at all.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Exactly. You guys are confusing some of us with homers. We don't want vy to start because he is some savior who will fix our problems. We simply believe he has yet to prove his worth to tis team and would like to see the guy get some pt to further examine his skills.

4. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

I'm surprised Bud hasn't over-ruled Fish to date about VY considering how much he is paying for someone to ride the pine and chew on those sunflower seeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar