HEY BUD - Make the call!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This has been the least fun season ever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I wasn't praising vince for low scores.but it seems weird. That even with a worse offense than kerry, he was able to move the ball and score. Kerry didn't get us one touchdown against the colts. That's horrible. low points or not, he still did enough to help our offense and get us to the playoffs.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

no, this is a douche sandwich vs an ol' terd debate...Get it straight!

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How did I cherry pick stats? I provided his ENTIRE 2007 season that the prior poster praised. I couldn't have been more broad.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Move the ball and score? Our team (defense and special teams included) averaged 14 points a game in 2007. I haven't looked it up, but I'd say that is flirting with one of the worst offenses in the history of the NFL to make the playoffs. It further proves that 2007 and 2008 were successes due to our DEFENSE, not Vince in 2007 or Kerry in 2008.

Since you brought it up, Vince did not score a touchdown against maybe the worst defense of 2007, the Bengals. Yes, the same Bengals that gave up 51 POINTS to the Browns. Here's a quick review of the first 9 games t he Bengals had in 2007, and then VINCE comes to town to save the day for an opposing defense.

Baltimore: 27
    Cleveland: 51
    Seattle: 24
    New England: 34
    Kansas City: 27
    NY Jets: 31
    Pitt: 24
    Buffalo: 33
    Arizona 35:
    TITANS WITH VINCE: 6 YES, THAT'S 6

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Cherry picking usually means either, selecting some isolated stat that helps your cause (whilst omitting countering stats) OR picking a set of stats that are so trivial/mundane/worthless/asinine/pointless, that it makes no damn sense to the context in which you are applying them.
    Need further explanation?

WTF does the points that Vince scored have anything to do with this season?
    IIRC, there were quite a few low scoring games last year as well...but you're probably going to pin that on the team we played at the time had an awesome defense, right?
    And please tell me you don't see the fact that Collins had a better offense to work with/run in '08 than Vince did in '07. I would freakin sincerely hope that a 14 year vet with a better offense could average more points in a game.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah, seriously Bud do us all a favor and can Fisher's arse. He has way too much power for a head coach in this league. Even the likes of Shanahan, Cowher and the great Tom Landry would have all been fired by now.

Fisher should not be untouchable. He is aight at best. The most important Fisher stat that says the most about him is his record. Roughly 30 more wins than losses over a 15 year period. He should have 200 wins already. He ain't been great, he's just been ok. Last season was nice to go 13-3 but with a team that was built to go all the way, we left after game 1 in the playoffs AT HOME mind you. UNacceptable.

8. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Unfortunately, that is our legacy under Fisher. We're like Agent 99 of the NFL. We always seem to miss the goal "by that much".

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How is pointing out the only entire season that a guy you are defending mundane? Maybe you can show me statistically (without emotion) why Vince should be the quar-ter-back of this team for the next decade.

When did I defend Collins? He's almost as bad as Vince at times, he's just a little smarter and keeps the negative plays at a minimum. And on a defensive, field position team, that is key. However, that type of quarterback will very rarely (5% of the time) win a Super Bowl. And the 'game managers' who won those Super Bowls did BECAUSE of their defense.

To say Trent Dilfer LED his team to a Super Bowl victory is borderline criminal. And, it's just as inaccurate to say Vince or Kerry led t his team to the playoffs in 2007 or 2008.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

His seven interceptions the second highest total in the NFL, behind only Jake Delhomme. Collins' 185 pass attempts are the second most in the league,
    behind only Tom Brady (207).
    Collins is a turnover machine ok. He had a good season last season but it was foolish to expect the same thing considering his history. My reason for wanting vy to start? He brings more to the table. Collins is looking as bad as vince has looked in the past, he continues to struggle against pressure, while vince can keep plays alive with his mobility. And he is young and has years ahead. Why not see if he is the future, rather than letting this 36 yr old geezer control our offense as if somehow a spark will come and he will lead us to a sb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar