Hester the next Bush??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Anyone else besides me think we should pull a Chicago and move Woolfok to WR. He's fast, and has good size (Like 6'1" 205 lbs if I remember), I realize there's a lot more to a reciever than that, but you never know.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm thinking we should pull a Hentrich and punt Woolfolk out the door like a football.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I didn't point out Hesters fumbles for a comparison to Pacman. I pointed it out because I wonder if he can control the fumbles if his touches increase on offense. Does a muff go down in the books as a fumble? I would think not or else you could advance a recovery.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in that case hester had eight fumbles to five tds, because technically the nfl doesnt count the missed field goal as a return.

5. pacman > hester

end

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Where do you get that they dont count it as a return? Seriously, just find me the rule/site whatever that says that. If the NFL didnt count it as a return, then why does he get a stat as a TD for returns? The missed field goal was RETURNED for a TD, Hester was back there to catch the ball in case it fell short. Hester goes back on punts to catch the ball in case it doesnt go in the end zone. I dont see the difference.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

If you are talking about returning, then I would really love to hear this. Can you please give a little more info on why he is better?

And you cant say blocking played a big role because no other returner in Chicago had his success...not even the 1-return man Nathan Vasher.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

notice under "Return Stats" he is credited with only five scores, not six.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9643

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/412717

the reason i counted the INT and FG return was because whether it is considered a return or not, it is still an opportunity to fumble the ball.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes, you can easily say blocking, because it's evident on film. PacMan is a better returner. I hate homerism, but this one is simple. He's as fast, maybe faster, far more quick meaning he can change directions and be at full speed much better, he's far more agile, breaks more tackles, and has better vision.
    None of those things can be argued when watching both of them play. PacMan actually has to EARN his return stats, and still puts up equal numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar