Hester the next Bush??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Deelux, do you not think that the blocking is a major factor here?

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I do and I dont. All Im saying is that people say that if any other fast guy on the Bears was a returner then he would also score a bunch behind that blocking, then why didnt Rashied Davis return any of his 32 kick returns for TDs? How come Bobby Wade only scored 1 TD on 33 PR attempts two years ago? Im pretty sure the ST blocking is pretty much the same for both years.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I doubt it. If the blocking was that good, Tank Johnson could've ran back at least 4.

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

What do you doubt? Nobody else has been successful with the same ST blocking besides Hester.

Bernard Berrian, Bobby Wade, Rashied Davis--these have been the returners. All fast guys. If Hester was only fast, he wouldnt have returned all those kicks for tds.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Did Hester have more fumbles than TDs last season?

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Did Pacman?

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Guys - there is some serious homerism going on here.

If he had returned all those kicks for TDs while playing for the Titans, we would consider them plenty impressive.

Hester's returns may not have been spectacular, but they were still impressive. Watch his return against the Cardinals - he made every cut and read his blocks perfectly. That isn't just speed. There are heaps of fast players in this league. There are heaps of players who are great returners in college that fizzle big time in the pros because they don't have the vision and patience of someone like Hester.

Did he have great blocking - absolutely.

Will he work on offense - not sure.

Is he a crap CB - absolutely.

Spectacular or not, great blocking or not, returning 7 kicks for TDs in one season is damn impressive.

There were only 26 kicks returned for TDs in the whole NFL last year (including playoffs). Hester contributed almost 27% of the total.

For a receiver to have contributed the same he would have needed to score 181 TDs in a season.

Now I know that there are some flaws in that comparison, but to be making light of his achievements is still pretty silly.

We can think Pacman is a great returner and acknowledge that Hester is pretty special as well.

8. carpy i agree hester is a very good returner, but i honestly think that pacman is better, hes got better moves and is faster... hester almost got caught from behind in that cardinal game

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no. he had four fumbles and four TDs.

hester had eight fumbles and six TDs.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I meant and Im pretty sure the other guy meant Return TDs, which Pacman had 3 of and he had 4 fumbles.

hester had fumbles more early in the season because he felt that he ALWAYS needed to get the ball and score. After muffin a few, he quickly realized that the fair catch is a remarkable thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar