Here's how to fix the team.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

high 5

Bullock was whiffing all day, when he wasn't trying to shed blockers with his eyeball

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Cecil should be gone in the next game or so ... but will not be.

How out of position is our secondary on almost every play? We look like a bad high school team! And what is Collins doing? I am not a Young fan but at this point there is nothing else to do. Collins looks worst then the rookie QBs. Wow he lit it up against a prevent. He needs to go. This season is at it's breaking point and we are going to be playing Colts and Pats! If Collins does not get off his bender we will be 0-6.

For better or worst change needs to happen.

I think it mainly lies on our D looking like :grrr::grrr::grrr:. I mean some of those calls are you kiding me? Our D is out of position on EVERY play and we blitze only when the game is over? Come one!

To me Cerable wins it on D next game or should polish up his resume because he will not have a team next season.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Heimerdung is also completely out of his depth.

Generally it's nuts to change coaches mid season but bpth co-ordinators look clueless to me.

We will go 0-6,I have no doubt. I think Bud should clean house right now.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Fisher got his job as a mid-season replacement. Just sayin'

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. Jeff fisher is an average coach who may have just been with one team too long. No way he gets fired before the season ends.

2.The 3-4 scheme is not going to bring automatic success the chiefs and browns run it and they are at the bottom of the league in total defense. The packers, chargers and cowboys are all ranked 15th or lower in total defense.

There are several teams running the 4-3 that have been consistently in the top 10 in total defense almost every year. Eagles, giants, skins, tampa and the giants are #1 in total D this year. Colts are winning with the 4-3.

Next year there will be an opportunity with KVB, bulluck and Kearse gone to bring in some bigger guys better suited to a 3-4 if that decision is made but the basic scheme and philosophy fisher has had is not obsolete. Guys like keglar, jones, mcgrath, marks were drafted to play this defense.

3. Obviously we need to evaluate vince to see what we got. I doubt if he is going to get that money next year but we could re neg a new deal if they feel he can be the right guy. All the better teams have a good QB so that is essential and the way it is looking now we will be drafting high.

4. Not paying AH $100M was the right thing. No DT is worth that kind of money. We offered him enough money to make him the highest paid player at his position. I wouldn't call that letting go.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting..

On jan 15th the lions named schwartz as their new HC.

On march 9th the saints named greg williams as their DC.

We had a window of opportunity of almost 2 months to sign greg williams as our DC.

How much difference greg would of made is hard to tell but it had to be better than this.

7. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

remember the last time we started 0-4?

VY came in and won rookie of the year (and could of took us to the playoffs but NE stomped us)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

maybe he could do that again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar