Here's how to fix the team.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

My observations on how to right the ship...

1. Replace Fisher. Get the message out there to owners that Jeff Fisher is available to see if we can get draft picks for compensation. He'd be perfect in Washington and Daniel Snyder loves to get rid of draft picks. Frankly Fisher speaks and spins just like a sleazy politician, where could be better than DC for someone like that? There is no way Zorn lasts past this season, and Fisher has plenty of experience. Fisher has had his chance, his philosophy will not change and it is one which has proven to fail, especially in big games.

2. Get Vince on the field so he can, once and for all, be evaluated. We need to find out if he has what it takes to be our franchise QB and it must be done before the the end of this season... before the draft and before we owe him 14 million clams.

3. Demote/Fire Cecil and get anyone else in there possibly Washburn.

4. Hire a new HC ideally in this order: (Mike Shanahan, Jason Garret, Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer) however I'd be happy with any new blood at this point

5. Make the switch to the 3-4: The 3-4 is the defense of the future because you can get a lot more from lesser players due to scheme and blitz packages used to confuse blocking assignments. If you think about it we have some player that suit the 3-4 perfectly... William Hayes and Jason Jones are perfect 3-4 DE's, Michael Griffin is the perfect strong safety for the 3-4 which allows him to make plays all over the field. Sure we need a big nose tackle and a big ILB but we have the OLB's that can adjust to the scheme I believe (Jerald McGrath). We can address the nose tackle and ILB through the draft and free agency.

Just my thoughts, feel free to call me crazy.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

I second your suggestion

Good thoughts.

3. amy

amy Starter

Shakeups are needed; Your ideas are as good as anyone's and better than most. I do believe it has a whole lot to do with Cecil, but again, the buck stops with the coach because he's the CEO. If the team doesn't produce, then give him a bonus and send him on his way!

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I agree. Fisher has escaped by the skin of his teeth too many seasons- and I'm tired of it being a trend. Honeymoon is over. Adios.

I don't like Vince, but at this point I'd love to see him out there just because it shows me that the coaching staff is TRYING to change. Show some sign of a pulse...something. Anything.

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I could see Shanahan interested in a head coaching job here if Fisher was fired...Cowher wouldnt just because he was with the Steelers and was disgusted with the towel stomp

But im pretty sure we'll see Fish for awhile

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know, the jags have experimented with the 3-4 this year. they have 3 sacks in four games and a terrible secondary.

you need the players to execute the scheme. we have the players, they're not executing.

7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

by the way, good points...i agree with all of them

8. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Good post. This could be the turning point of the Titans. It may be time to take on a different identity and a new coach and new scheme is a good idea.

The 3-4 sounds like a good option, you hit the nail on the head there. Would love to see it.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I think you're a G** D*** Genius. I say we fire Mike Reinfelt and hire you.

10. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I'd be happy to see any of that happen. We need some kind of change, that's for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar