Here's a great Fisher take... Explains my feelings about him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

See, stats can prove anything, as this article and dbc show. However I agree with this statement:
    "Fisher is a respected coach. That doesn't make him a great one." If he does decide to go next season, there is no doubt that he will be hired quickly. There are quite a few less than average coaches walking on thin ice. I think he should go, if not next year, then when his contract runs out. It's just time for a change from both he and Vince, so he can take Vince with him.Of course, if next year, he wins the AFC title and goes to the playoffs and even the SB, what will we say then? It won't happen, you say? Stranger things have happened time and time again.

2. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

You can make all the excuses you want about being in the same division as the Colts... But your also in the same division as the Texans and Jags. Look you can polish a turd all you want by picking and choosing the timeline and looking at only the adversity he's overcome, but good coaches overcome. The last 6 or 7 years have been a rollercoaster of underachieving just enough to not get it done.

Look, I think Jeff is a good coach with a system that is plenty capable of winning games, but I'm not sure it has what it takes to get the job done anymore. He'll be great for some team that isn't used to being competitive, but don't look for the Pats or Colts to come knocking at his door when they are in need.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Seriously man?

They were the opening rounds for the Titans were they not?

4. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

If Fisher did manage to get the club deep in the playoffs this year, there would still be many of you asking for his head.

Without Fisher next year, we're probably a 3-13 club. We're not getting Cowher or any other coach who has won the big game to come to Nashville. All this whining about the coach is not doing anything to change our awful quarterback situation. I'm amazed more sportswriters haven't taken the line of "Just what the hell is Bud Adams thinking?". What kind of motivation is he giving VY with just guaranteeing his places secure next year after all that's happened?

I like VY and I want him to succeed. But in five years I've also seen the true measure of the man and his fate should not rest with this club.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What did he say that has not been said here? We have talked about that forever.

And maybe a guy who is paid to spout his opinion can know about a rule that has been in effect since 2003. You can no longer trade draft picks for a coach.

6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

yeah... like :what:

[​IMG]

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are probably right but what playoffs this year? We have already played our way out of contention.

This is not a well coached team this year. Our defense is sub par(For the 4th time in 6 years), our running game went nowhere for half a season before they finally made some adjustments that helped.

Starting Collins against the fins with not one but 2 injuries to his throwing hand when VY was more than ready to play.

Jeff fisher has coached himself out of a job this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Probably..but after 16 seasons..he's had more than enough chances to do that. But on the flip side of that..regardless of how many times we either dont make the playoffs or lose in our 1st round or go 8-8...there will still be many of you in support of him. Jeff Fishers has a history of average seasons that go beyond VY. This TEAM right now has issues..in various facets of the game..and that falls on the HC

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

17 years of Fisher,haven't you learned anything from it. Keep him and we we could easily go 3-13 anyway.

Despite the fan perception that we're cheap we are regularly in the top half of league salary cap spenders.

We are a respected organisation and the Colts represent a big challenge as divisional rivals.

IMO coaches like Cower,Bellick and Gruden would jump at the chance to coach here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar