Here We Go Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

Hey, man I agree with everyone on this thread. Every offseason we just sit back and watch. That's why we aren't an elite team. We don't go out and make it happen. I'm not saying lets go out and get the #1 dude in the league and trade all your draft picks for him. All I want them to do is bring in players who have or earned respect, are deemed as a threat, and can help us immediately.We sit around here and say " well, this player has potential. He can help us in the future." Well in the words of my mother in law, potential means you aint crap. It's just a nicer way to put it. We do a good job with what we have. I give Fisher and the organization credit. But we want to compete year in and year out with the elite teams. Im' tired of us just standing pact and not pulling the trigger. We always just try to address things in the draft or wait for June 1st cuts. To be a top tier team, we need to strategically make good offseason acquisitions. Not just wait til June 1st to fill holes with a body.

2. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

i love it when people bring up new england and indy sayin they dont make big moves in free agency siting because they draft well.... guess what, we dont draft that good.
    you cant be an okay draft team and not go after people in free agency. the way i see it we draft exactly like the team is .500... thats not gunna be good enuff for a basically idle offseason every year. giving away a 2ndround pick for ANOTHER TE that might be good one day isnt a wise draft imo....especially when you just made your franchise player a te. exactly how many te's do you need on a team again? we reach far to often in the draft and imo its started to bite us in the arse.
    when you draft "projects" and sit idle in the offseason you get what we have here.... no playoff wins.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

hmm.. CJ, Britt, VY? Not exactly bad picks according to most here..
    13-3 in 08 and probably the best 2nd half in 09.. You can't predict injuries.
    I seem to recall people FREAKING OUT that we didn't sign Holt or TJ last season. How'd that work out for the teams that did?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

did i say we were the raiders? try READING...
    i said we were LIKE our record ....8-8. 8 good ones and 8 bad ones, get it?
    plus you listed 1st rounders, i would hope we could at least get that right!!!!

lets go to the next round.
    c.henry, a project (does he even play in the league anymore? )
    marks, a project that might pan out...a reach
    cook, a project (might pan out and i think he will one day) still traded a 2nd away

my point is, if you cant get 2nd rounders contributing your gunna have a hard time winning it all. and yes i know we have some late rounders playin, no chit...

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I high-fived your post not because I agree with your statement, but because you correctly typed re-signing.

Re-sign; not resign.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Great thread. And yes the title fits perfectly. JC nailed it when he said that the reason we go through this year after year over the past 15 is because Fishbag thinks he's a f...in' miracle worker.

He thinks that he can take scrubs off the street or that can't make other teams rosters' and turn them into Pro Bowlers.

I'm not totally in agreement that this has been a weak offseason though. Sure we could've gotten us a Brandon Marshall or a Santonio Holmes to help solidify our O, but we're not totally out of the running because we didn't.

We have been more proactive this offseason. We tendered our guys so at the very least we will retain them so I think that doesn't get the FO as much credit as they deserve there. Dunta and Bodden got overpaid. Dansby got overpaid. Normally I would be crying because we didn't go after any of these guys, but not this year.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pardon? careful with those arsehole remarks.
    Name me one team that nails all their draft-picks? One team.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We couldn't pair up a couple of second rounders because we don't have a second this year :)

I think the Titans don't like to trade for "bad-character guys" after what happened with Pac-Man. But I mean seriously a 5th round for Holmes. He's like a super Nate Washington.

I do like Witherspoon, he's a solid pick-up. I do think we could of made a deal for Cromartie though, that would of been nice.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think fans are being too hard on the FO here. Have there been some bonehead draft picks over the last three years (since MR)? Of course there have. But there have been some very good picks and one spectacular pick in CJ. Do we have to go through this every year where some team makes a deal and because the Titans didn't make the deal instead the FO sucks? If I'm doing my math right didn't about 30 other teams not trade for Holmes? The Steelers have won more SBs the last decade than anyone and they were the team that unloaded the guy. Are they just stupid?

I agree that sometimes in the off season I get a little frustrated considering the Titans seem to refuse to do many deals and when they do they aren't exactly news making. But this team isn't exactly on the bottom rung of the ladder every year either. When 8-8 is a bad year that tells me something about the franchise that is good. This team is built on the draft and will continue to be built on the draft. The FA pick ups will be solid value vets that fill a need. That is just the way it is but after reading all the hate messages about how Reese destroyed the team, exploded the CAP you have to decide which side you are on. The bottom line is the FO isn't going to over pay for anyone...period. They are also going to avoid any minuscule hint of attitude or legal problems. That is the way it is so we might as well get used to it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

best 2nd half in NFL history, fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar