Here are the leftovers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Here is a nice list of guys not drafted. Some decent prospects.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/review/topundrafted.html

I was thinking one of these guys might get drafted by the Titans.
    Spencer Havner, OLB, U.C.L.A.
    Kai Parham, ILB, Virginia

I was surprised we went with the RB from Utah and didn't give Gerald Riggs a shot.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Havner and Parham were on Scott Wright's list of top twenty players of day 2. Could be interesting UDFAs

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Ya know what I don't understand about NFLDraftcountdown? It seems a great resource and everything about it but this really pisses me off..

Kai Parham, 5.03. 6'3", 256lbs
    "Lacks top instincts, especially for a middle linebacker.."
    "Has excellent size and a solid frame...An excellent natural athlete with good speed..."

Tim McGarigle, 4.72. 6'1", 242lbs
    "Has excellent instincts..."
    "Does not have the height and size you look for...Speed and quickness are only average...Not much upside"

So we've got a nice sized slow MLB with not very good instincts vs a good sized guy with good/okay pace with brilliant instincts. One has "not much upside" yet he would appear to have the better tool to work with. Faster and got the better natural instincts. I just don't get how a guy with 5.03 speed can have "good speed" and is a "natural athlete" yet a guy with a 4.7 speed "are only average".

I may be looking at this a bit angrily but I believe this a race issue. Tim McGarigle is white where as Parham is black. It seems, to me anyway, that black players get all the opportunities within this league. They maybe lacking in the actual tools they need such as instincts but as long as they are natural athletes, oh wait scrub that - not all of them are as the case above shows. Ok athletisism is more than speed but the game of football is more than just ****ing speed, too.

Both these guys went undrafted- if we're looking for speed I'm taking Tim. If we're going for playmakers, I'm taking Tim.

It's basically Brian Urlacher vs LaVar Arrington in terms of instincts vs speed. I think its a concensus pick.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well I'm never mentioning nfldraftcountdown.com again...................

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

dude, Martin Nance went undrafted? Wow....

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Greg Lee, WR, Pittsburgh

he was a junior too. that must suck to leave early and not even get drafted.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

So are we going to sign anyone or are we gonna let the vikings and pretty much everyone else snatch the rest of em?

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

N/m

Titans | Team agrees to terms with UDFA K. Raymond
    Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:36:14 -0700

The Daily News Journal reports undrafted rookie free agent CB Keon Raymond (Middle Tennessee State) has agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans.

Titans | Team agrees to terms with UDFA J. Littlejohn
    Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:34:23 -0700

The Daily News Journal reports undrafted rookie free agent DL Jeff Littlejohn (Middle Tennessee State) has agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans.

9. does anyone remember a guy named moses that went to MBA because i go there and everyone said that he was suppossed to be amazing so i was wondering if he got drafted or if anyone knows what happened to him

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

this him?

Ravens | Team signs UDFA T. Moses
    Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:24:17 -0700

ScarletKnights.com reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed undrafted rookie free agent WR Tres Moses (Rutgers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar