Here are some statistics that pragidealist dug up on Quarterbacks current & past ...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

Then why are people wanting to draft Newton? He isn't that person. Athletic ability is a bonus not the sole or main reason a person should be drafted. Sure, running ability from a qb is a flashy trait and that is why so many people like Newton and the like. But running ability fades over time, and people lose focus of what is really important for a qb, their passing abilities.

And Newton doesn't possess those. He is most definitely not worth a first round draft pick.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

How do you figure? He's shown nothing to say he can't pass, the exact opposite actually.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He hasn't shown that he can't pass.

He's just never shown that he CAN.

And there's a reason for that.

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

I'm sorry, but throwing to wide open receivers, like he has in college, is not showing touch on passes or that you are an effective passer. In the NFL he is going to have to throw into a small window in coverage and nothing about his game has shown him to be able to do this. With that said he is not worth a first rounder. Athletic ability alone will get him drafted higher than he should, but whoever does is going to regret it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 24

24 Starter

The biggest issue with QBs coming out of college has always been anticipation. Newton never had to anticipate his WRs getting open, he waited until they were, then threw the ball. Scouts have to judge the QB's accuracy on anticipatory routes, not wide open ones. Workouts in gym shorts won't ever show that.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I also wonder how Cam handles losing...

Much like I asked how Vince Young would handle failure before we drafted him because all I had heard over and over was how he "just wins...at every level". Well, no one just wins in the NFL. How is this guy going to handle losing and taking 90% of the blame??

We never thought VY had any emotional problems until things didn't go his way in the NFL...and he fell apart.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar