Henry Ready to Contribute on Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With Titans RB Chris Brown out with a toe problem, Travis Henry has gotten a lot ofwork this week. He and rookie LenDale White are expected to play lead the Titan running game tomorrow in Miami. Henry averaged 4.1 yards per carry last season against the Dolphins, and had two 100-yard games against them in 2002 with the Bills. "It is a mental thing for Travis and you can see the difference this week," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "He is working hard and is highly motivated to contribute."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

It's a mental thing? Ah no... Henry's not the same RB he was in 2002, period. Prior to his injury, he was a bulldozer, a chains mover. Now, he's a 3 ypc RB. I want White to play, and play a lot. I want him to be in there as the starter soon. He'll take his hits, he's a rookie, this is the NFL, but that's what he needs, so he can adjust and become the stud he should become sooner rather than later

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i thought he was always a 3 YPC back. even in his pro bowl years... he just ran a whole lot.
    and be sides... hasn't he been saying he was "ready" going on 2 years now?
    i'm betting fisher sticks with him the whole game (save a series or 2 for white) the running game will be atrocious and he'll say after the game he ran hard/played good but the dline are monsters and we got behind too early so the running game couldnt be established. all the while keeping the most talented RB we have on the bench for another week ... this will continue throughout the season until about the 14th game whne fisher realizes it might actually be beneficial to play whit/ young a whole game.

then we draft peterson next year not knowing whether lendale was anygood. and we trade away henry for a 6th... and lose brown to free agency.

i'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now. maybe sunday will bring me a good enough buzz to turn it around

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Chin up! We have a chance this week. I am definatly ready for the game!

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Peterson sounds fine.

If you want to trade Henry for a pick that's okay, too.

But, I'm not real sure about letting CB walk away as a FA. Make sure to get at least another pick for him.

If we're rebuilding (I prefer retooling), let's do it right.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think Brown will leave and we wont get anything for him. Just my opinion.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If looks like he's going to leave, that's fine.

But, trade him.

Now!!!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we wont get anything for him. he is injured yet again.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This little piggie went to market,
    This little piggie stayed home,
    This little piggie had roast beef,
    This little piggie had none,
    And this little piggie cried, "Wee! Wee! Wee!"
    All the way home.

[​IMG]

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Yes he does. What a backfield that would be. With a top 3 pick, we could nab a starter on the OL in the 2nd round...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar