Henry Enjoying Rushing Success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans RB Travis Henry has played his way back into a starting role. The result is the six-year veteran is coming off consecutive 100-yard performances, including a career-high 178 yards. "I feel good, man. This is what I wanted all along. I wanted to come here and help this football team," Henry said Wednesday. "Unfortunately, things didn't go that way starting off. So it's a new year, came in in shape, healthy, ready to go and just having fun." In those two starts, the Titans have gone from tied for 30th in the NFL averaging 70.3 yards per game to 11th with an average of 114.8 yards per game. "It's good because it's like really a rebirth for me. I feel like I had a two-year period when I was off, then coming back stronger. And me being a six-year vet just knowing a lot more about the game and what to expect and what not to expect, that pays off a whole lot," Henry said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Lets just hope he plays like this week in week out...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

God, I hate articles that have titles that you read and go "Well, uh, yeah..." Wait, Henry enjoys success? Holy Cr@p, what a crazy fetish that is!

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hahaha. I crave failure myself. I don't know what Henry's deal is.

hey, I think this is awesome. I feel like we have a legit running back. Here's the test... let's see if he has 100 yd games in 2 of his next 3 starts, playing injury free with a cumulative ypc of >4.0. That would be real success to me.

I hope he is true to that pre injury form worthy of a contract extention whenever he's due. (I don't know what his deal is time or money) I'm glad he's a bruiser. I like a back that hits folks and doesn't get knocked down by arm tackles. Travis Henry just kicks ***.

I want to see more yards and I want to see the Titans creep up the running rankings cited here. 19 spots on that gain and there are still 10 games left.

Wow. The table is set for Henry to feast.

I'm excited. :banana:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

6. yea, that was kind of a useless thing to be tellin us about henry, i mean who doesnt love success?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Henry is succeding because he's getting quality blocking against average defenses. He's a good back, no doubt, and he's finally seeing some capable blocking, he really has looked nice.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

His birthday is the 29th, game day. Hopefully, he'll get 200 yds. Against the Texans for his present. Bipolar, you going to the after party?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dude Colts defense is top notch....:grrhee:

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree with the "week-in, week-out" comment. I'm positive with our running game the last two week... that being said, it will take consistences to make me a true believer. Hall, Bell, Stewart and Mawae clearly make a difference... lets just hope Fisher keeps that line-up and adds to it in F.A next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar