Hendrix vs James Brown CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 18, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD2: Hendrix vs James Brown

Poll closed Mar 19, 2016.
  1. Jimi Hendrix

61.1%
  2. James Brown

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

And that performance was his... JIMI!

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Papa don't take no mess.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

JAMES MARSHALL HENDRIX EXPERIENCE.

Reasons: voodoo Chile, foxy lady, crosstown traffic, wind cries Mary, watchtower, hey joe, little wing, purple haze, red house, fire, castles made of sand, bold as love

And lastly.. Jimi Hendrix experience was a band. James brown was a solo artist. Disqualified.

4. nickmsmith

That's because he was always stoned. He did enough in his short time in the sun to earn a vote from me in almost every competition.

Kids still grow up wanting to be Hendrix. Hipsters are stupidly still naming their kids Hendrix after him. 45 years after his death. That's when you know you made a mark.

And his live performances don't meab much to me anyway, since so few were recorded. His albums have enough good tracks to entertain for a long time. Except for the Beatle ripoff tracks his bassist sang. Those were turds.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

JBs were a band also. Poll did not specify Experience over Band Of Gypsies.

6. nickmsmith

I think when I registered Hendrix, I said Jimi Hendrix experience. But whatever on that one.

As far as personality, Hendrix's interviews were obnoxiously funny. His whole pattern of speech was hippie nonsensical talk, that sounds ridiculous today.

And James brown was just coked out. So it's a wash there.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Bootsy Collins' last album featured a track with Hendrix and there's a breakdown where Hendrix is being interviewed and yes, it's hippie nonsense.

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Check out James Brown 25 greatest hits of all time. Not a bad song on the entire album. Hendrix was amazing, and he died way too early to match the career of JB. Hendrix also put together some awful stuff dabbing with other musical interests. I can't say you are wrong though- 2 heavies went in, and only one can come out.

9. nickmsmith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar