Help me out Xboxers...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VolnTitan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sony is no longer playing catch up.

And Microsoft can't afford to keep releasing new consoles every four years (different between X-Box and the 360).

And releasing a console in let's say 2009, by the time Sony and Nintendo release their new consoles they will be far superior to the X-Box 720, for no other reason than technology and logic dictating they won't release a console with the same specs that is already out.

Plus Sony also cannot afford to release a new console only 3- 4 years after the PS3. They are still making money on the PS2 and PSP (which for some reason are now selling like hot cakes), and with Blu Ray seemingly given the nod as the 'winner' of the format war Sony have a gold mine in that area.
    They have a huge gaming line up for 2008 and 2009 and announcing a new console is just pointless at this stage.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

unless Microsoft is working on a new console that breaks new ground, what could they be working on?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Problem with a new console is, that when Sony and Nintendo release their new consoles it will be like version 2.0 while the Microsoft one will be version 1.5 and really who would buy one so soon after buying a 360/PS3/Wii?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't see it
    bigger storage
    faster processor
    IPTV
    smaller footprint

not worth investing another billion in R/D, imo

a handheld Xbox, wouldn't be very smart considering the DS and PSP competition either

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, it isn't worth it. I agree.

And game developers won't be impressed.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

considering the level of achievments reached with games like Gears (graphics) and Oblivion (scope) there's not much left to accomplish

however,
    developing a console that would also be able to play PC games (Crysis / WoW) would be one of the few things I could see ..... but MS hinted that the 360PC sku would be this machine and it never materialized

maybe VR, but that could be accomplished with accessories

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think technology is endless. The potential for PS3/360 has yet to be fully accomplished.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and it would be what ?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this untapped technology

look this gen systems were easy....
    Hi-Definition resolution, motion sensor tracking,etc.....

what's next ... enough to be developing it already ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar