Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Help me out Xboxers...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VolnTitan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    In addition to getting a couple of new PS3 games, I thought I would maybe get an Xbox 360 so I can play online with some buddies at work. But not sure which edition to get. I was under the impression that the Xbox was a cheaper (cost wise) unit, but when I looked at the store, it was $350. Add the $99 I would need so it would be wireless, it was $450 all told. I need it to be wireless because the TV I would hook it up to doesn't have an ethernet connection. Do they not make an edition with wireless built in?
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,603
    I wish they did, but this is greedy Microsoft we're talking about. It's ridiculous that they charge 99 bucks for the online adapter.
    But, I believe you can use any USB online adapter (not sure what they're called), and many can be had for a lot less than 100 bucks.
    I assume you already have a router? If not, guess what? That's another 100 bucks or so.
  3. Toly Free your mind

Moolah:
    $80
    Your ability to go online is not related in any way to your TV. You simply plug in the ethernet cable (that comes with the 360 and PS3) to your router/modem, assign an IP, DNS, etc. under network settings and you're ready to go.
  4. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Yes I have a router. And my ability to go online absolutely is related to my TV when my wireless router is upstairs and the TV I would be using it on is downstairs.

I am really surprised now that I am shopping the xbox. Disregarding the game selection where right now Xbox is better, the PS3 is the better "value". Now, about value...where would the best place to get the xbox be AND if anyone knows of a cheaper wireless option, that would be great. I am really surprised they haven't put the wireless option in with the Elite instead of a 120 gb. HD.
  5. glorify Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Have a 360 upstairs. Router and pc is in the basement. If you don't want to run the cable to a modem, (or can't), then you have to spring for the $99 adapter. You have to make sure you have a wireless router tho.

Then, you have to spring for XBox Live Gold. You can find a 13 month sub for about $49.

I rarely experience any lag at all--you'll love XBox Live, but it is expensive to initially get started.

The nice thing is that if you have kids--you can download demos before you buy a game so you don't buy a game and they never play it.

Here's my setup :)

[IMG]
  6. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Trying to find the best deals on a system. Does Costco carry them?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,391
    laughs at people thinking the PS3 is expensive.
  7. inVINCEable2007 Guest

PS3 is by far the better buy, with its new version, its 399, wireless built it, free online play, and IMO way easier to use and better technology.

360 costs 350 off the bat, then you have to buy wireless which is another 100, then you pay $60 a year xbox live, you end up saving ALOT of money with PS3, i went with ps3 and haven't looked back..
  8. Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Moolah:
    $0
    I think he has a PS3 already and wanted to know about the 360. But idk. PS3 all da way
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,391
    Gotta get a HD-DVD drive for the 360 as well don't you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.