Heimerdinger to be Bears new Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Offensive Coordinator is the most overrated position in professional sports. Yea, I said it. If you have a great QB, you look like a genius.

2. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

I think he deserves a head coaching job but I hope he stays with us another couple seasons! I was watching NFL Network the other day and one of the guys there mentioned his name as a candidate. I shook my head and said, I surely hope not but when their names get in media discussions, it is usually just a matter of time before it happens.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd be happy for him. But even he can't save da Bears.

4. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

I agree, I may be wrong but I look at it as set up for failure like Cleveland or Oakland.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

FYI

when running the option, its best not to use a Quarterback who has a bum knee and pulled hamstring...lets hope you never coach for the titans.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

Don't really like Dinger, but I'd rather keep the guy. Not too confident VY will change OC's and have a good first year. 2nd, maybe. But the NFL is too fickle to waste time.

7. titantigerfan

titantigerfan Camp Fodder

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day when Drew Bennett said that Dinger is very hands on in practice and that he stands behind the qb when he makes each throw; then he asks them questions about their reads, why they threw the ball to a particular receiver, etc. He claimed he did this with both VY and McNair and that he felt it improved them as a passer. I don't know if all OCs do the same thing, so it may or may not make a difference if he leaves, but it could be that whatever he is doing is really helping VY, so I'd be nervous about him leaving.

8. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Spot on.

VY is making real progression, let's not go and screw it up now!

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I maybe dead wrong, but I have a feeling it will be up to the new head coach. I really think adams is done with fisher. I have no problem with dinger other than not player cook and hawkins more and not sitting nate washington for the drops.

10. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Vince has had the hurt knee and now hamstring so that explains the play calling regarding option plays. You don't want him running too much.

He has definitely helped to mentor Vince as you can tell by him going over coverages during the game. His body language is that he is patient. 26 points versus Miami was pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar