Heard Haynesworth Interviewed Yesterday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Tony Romo is going down.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't view his statements as complaining, but more as telling it how it is.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If you 'bite the hand that fed you', I'd say that's venturing into complaining territory.
    Ungrateful would be a better word.
    Did you forget that this doosh swore up and down that it wasn't about the money, then turned around and went to the highest bidder?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Whether from ownership or the players, it's usually ALWAYS about the money. I can count on one hand the times I felt a player or owner put the money aside and did something out of loyalty or the "love of the game".

And it seems to be rare it ever happens these days.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Oh I don't disagree with you one bit. But if it is about the money, don't go out of your way to try to convince everyone that it isn't. Either own up to it or just don't broach the subject.

6. smili

smili Starter

I'm not reading anything negative into AH's comments. If anything it's a pretty unremarkable interview for the detached comments. AH did a good job not stirring up controversy and making clear his loyalty to his new team.

I mean, how would Redskin fans be liking it if he was saying stuff like "we don't work as hard here in D.C. as we did in TN, or it'll be hard to replace Washburn, or.... " ?

There's good and bad about all situations. Wait until he runs somebody off the road going 100+mph in his F650 up there and see how he likes the press treatment up there. See if the fans get tired of seeing him fall down every handful of plays to get a breather. Right now is the honeymoon period and it's all good. If the Redskins don't win and the heat's on due to his huge contract how happy will he be then?

For what it was, I think he did as good as he could with that interview.

7. Alex1939

I DO think it was mainly about the money...

but it was also about respect from the organization. Remember... before last season 2 million dollars separated AL from signing a longterm reasonable deal with the Titans.. and the Titans wouldn't budge.

The Titans have a deserved bad reputation for how they treat their players. Would anyone honestly disagree with that?

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I totally disagree. Titans will pay, too bad Fat Albert played interior DL, Titans don't pay for those or for MLBs

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Adam Archuleta, Dana Stubblefield, Jeremiah Trotter, Jesse Armstead...

is it to soon to add Al to that list?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

You don't think we've developed a poor reputation around the league regarding our treatment of players?

The only players I can think of we've "paid" are Offensive tackles. I can't think of a single other position we've paid to keep around or taken a chance at high priced free agent upgrades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar