Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I want a defensive guy. These are my top 3:

Ray Horton
    Lovie Smith
    Mike Zimmer

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Winston Moss has been interviewed by several teams he is the Packers linebacker coach/assistant head coach since 2007. He has the leadership experience and knows how to run a team successfully under McCarthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No. I judge coordinators based on how original and creative they are. The only creative call by loggains yesterday was the 4th and goal from the 1. I was truly impressed by that call. The rest has been completely boring and failure to get his players in space.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

yes I know this. But he is a great O.C. so as long as he runs the offense too then I'll be happy.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lovie Smith
    Jay Gruden

are two of the possible names I like.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I remember Perry Fewell getting a lot of love when Munch was hired. Is he not a good possibility anymore?

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Please add Jim Caldwell to the list

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Loggains had the RB out wide much of the game. That pulled out a LB which opened up the interior for crossing routes for Wright. Pretty creative, IMO. I also though Loggains was handcuffed by only having one TE and no FB much of the game.

What you see as "creative" is often times just a gimmick play. It works once then the defense adjusts. The teams which can execute the first five pages of their playbook well are the ones you'll see in the playoffs this year. I don't see "creative" from the majority of those teams—just execution.

This is probably a topic for another thread so will bow out here.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Nick Saban - I think he wants to prove he can succeed in the NFL. What else in college does he have left to prove?

Art Briles - I think this guy is an offensive genius. Have you guys watched Baylor play? They score at will. With the offensive weapons we have he could whip our offense into shape and could turn them into a top 5 offense quickly. He did just sign an extension, but those are pretty much worth as much as the paper they're written on.

Kevin Sumlin - Also signed an extension, but to me he is the ideal head coach. He's intense. He takes charge. He knows the college game, so that would help us in drafting. Plus he wins.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Dude did well with Tim Tebow at QB. That has to count for something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar