Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keystone27

Keystone27 Starter

I just think Whis is one of those guys not meant to be a HC and just stay a OC. He was a decent but very conservative nothing flashy OC in Pittsburgh, San Diego's offense is conservatively called but Phillip rivers ran (he's the type to throw the deep post when the play was designed for the shallow cross). If you look at the talent on the offensive side of the ball when Whis was here in AZ and look at the lack of development outside of having Fitz and Boldin as the WRs, I don't see him as a positive in the progression of the young team we have here....see it more as a regression with him. Just my opinion of watching him here in az

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Paul Kuharsky@PaulKuharskyNFL 24s
    .@PriscoCBS on @Midday180: Mike Zimmer is not a yes man, would stir it up, bring a toughness. Better candidate than Jay Gruden for #Titans

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

But 57 and been around the league 20 years.

Why has nobody given him a shot before?

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I get the feeling most GM's want a guy they can control and Zimmer does not strike me as a man who will submit to control. Doesn'tmean he's not qualified just that most people are weak and afraid of a strong personality.

5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I really am starting to lean toward Zimmer. We need a guy that will stir the pot and make these players accountable. One of the biggest things that irked me about Munch was he didn't seem upset about all the mental mistakes.

Does anyone know whats up with Cam Cameron? I would love him for our OC job with Zimmer as the HC. He could take total control of the Offense. Does he have connections with any of these candidates?

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Zimmer is definitely better than Gruden, Quinn & Caldwell.

I'm leaning with Whisenhunt & Zimmer. Bevell & Roman really intrigue me as on offensive minds too.

7. KyTitansFan

The Midday 180@Midday180 5m
    "I would hire Mike Zimmer. He would bring a nastiness. He would get the #Titans back to that."- @priscoCBS on who the #Titans should hire.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Who has that video of Zimmer berating the D on the sidelines?? I forgot which thread it was in

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I just don't think he is for for head coaching. He rules with an iron fist and doesn't strike me as intelligent.

He's a fine DC but I'm not convinced.

10. KyTitansFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar