Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I never said I wanted Gruden. I want Whisenhunt, he's more proven in this league than all of the the candidates.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Didn't say ya did, I was just stating I prefer a SEA guy over Gruden.

We agree on Whisenhunt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Whisenhunt would be solid. Definitely the least risky of all. Would bring in an experienced staff immediately.

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Proven to be mediocre.

5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I thought "maybe its Texas/Florida football" .. nope. Guess he really does just have connections

6. Keystone27

Keystone27 Starter

Whisenhunt has the background of being a former HC. Beyond that he is not worth even looking at from the Titans perspective. He was a complete bust on his ability to help Leinart develop, even with a backup like Kurt Warner to model after. His only 2 playoff appearances were as a 9-7 and 10-6 club that played in a much worse division than the afc south this year (Seahawks,49ers, and rams during there rebuilding years and you never seen or heard of the Seahawks or 49ers then). After the 10-6 year and Warner retired, whisenhunt went on a QB carousel signing and cutting left and right. No stability whatsoever, and no signs of being able to develop a QB. Whisenhunt is a joke, I watched it first hand in AZ. The defensive improvement was a product of Horton, and the offense when Kurt Warnerless was a circus. Don't trust him to develop Locker one but, and don't trust his ability to bring in a quality QB either...pass

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

I wasn't trying to be chippy so sorry if it came across that way, I just meant that I am not sold on the Seattle guys and out of the Cincy guys I'd rather have Zimmer even though I still like Whisenhunt most.

8. Big Time Titan

That's a nice observation. I just think that he'll know how to handle himself better if given another shot at HC. We are a nice situation to be coming into. I'd still rather have KW than the Seattle guys.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think Locker is done because of his injury history. If I was a young OC looking to make my mark, I'm not hitching my wagon to Jake Locker, I just don't trust him to stay healthy at all. I was thinking about us getting OC rather than HC. I didn't take into account that the only way to get him here would be as a HC. I think I've since changed my choice to Zimmer. My list goes:

1. Zimmer
    2. Whisenhunt
    3. Roman
    4. Bevell
    5. Gruden

10. Hug a Jag

Hug a Jag Starter

Figured I'd chime in. Give me Whisenhunt all day everyday.

Resurrected the careers of 2 QBs basically left for dead in Warner and Rivers, an offensive guru who handles all play calling, previous HC experience including a Super Bowl appearance (AZ's first)

I think he got a raw deal in AZ.

What more could you want in a coach? Let's get it done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar