HDMI 1.3a?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So I was looking at HDMI cables for my cable TV and Xbox and noticed one cable from Phillips said just "Hdmi". The next cable said "High speed HDMI 1.3a". Both were the same price for the same length, and you know you usually pay more for better.

So it looks like the 1.3a can send data faster, and I read it can do "deep color" (basically just better than RGB?). But is it possibly worth anything in my situation? If not, go ahead and get the 1.3a (assuming it's compatible with what I got)?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Cool. Looks like I might as well get the 1.3a. Won't help make things better now, but may in the future (or if I get a PS3).

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how much are these cables ?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

At Wally world, both cables, regular and 1.3a, were $35. They were by Philps, and I'm not sure what "version" the regular HDMI cable was.

I know you can get them cheaper on-line, but I was in need for a quick fix :grrhee:

Puck, I got a question on the A3000. The quickest way to describe the problem, if it is one, is it seems like I have lots of black spots on the screen. It only really shows up on white pictures, or light colored pictures.

For example, on the 360 startup screen (the white pic with the Xbox logo), these black dots are very noticeable. They are everywhere, and the seem uniform. The uniformity of it makes me think it may just be normal....but I want to find out.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ i'd have to see it
    I don't notice it on the 2020 may have something to do with the Hz doubler
    how large are the "dots" ?

can you take a picture in macro and post it up ?

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I can take a pic on my camera, but it may not be that great.

The dots are very small, and there's a whole lot of them. So many and so uniform that it looks like it may just be that way, but I don't remember the units I saw elsewhere having the same problem.....but you really have to see it on a light or white picture to really see it.

The best way to see it is on the 360 startup screen where it's all white.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'll check it when I boot up Halo3 after the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar