Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    sorry not all of us crap out money every time we visit the toilet.

:rolleyes:
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Silly Gunny... in America money grows on trees...
  2. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Apparently HD-DVD Player manufacturers have slashed their prices again in attempt to get things going, but with only 2 studios now supporting the format, it may just be desperation. Can't blame them for the move though.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,626
    Gunny is fanboy defined. lol I'm thinking of getting a ps3 if my 360 messes up again. Maybe even if it doesn't. 360 for games, and the ps3 for 1 or 2 games and the extras.
  4. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    there were reports that alot of the HD-DVD players that were sold on Black Friday were beginning to be returned after the Warner announcement
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    Gunny is correct defined.

I haven't been wrong about anything.

Blu Ray won which I said it would.
    PS3 is beating the 360 everywhere but NA and has sold more than the 360 did at the same stage, even without it's major exclusive coming out.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    What is Black Friday?
  5. Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Moolah:
    $13
    The day after Thanksgiving in the US. Traditionally the busiest sales day of the year.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,626
    Blu Ray is winning, but it's still nothing. That's sort of like saying mini-disc outsold it's competitor. May have, but when there are only 20 people in the market, eh.
    PS3 is outselling the 360? Due to Japan, I guess? Nobody I know has one. Well, i know one kid. But he bought a wii first, so that should tell you all you need to know about him.
    That's one of the main reason's I'm holding out on buying one. I know at least 20 personal friends with a 360. I know 1 guy with a ps3. And he never plays it.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,668
    Each platform will have its die-hards, however I do believe Blu-Ray will win out ultimately and I believe Sony's incorporation of the Blu-Ray drive as a core component of the PS3 has played well in that effort. I know a lot of people love their HD-DVD players but ultimately only one format will survive.

Toshiba's recent further price cuts on their players is a sign of the desperation they are beginning to feel. It was quite the shock for them to have to cancel their press conference at CES.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.