HBO Presents...Flight Of The Conchords

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by KamikaZ, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

HBO has renewed both "Flight Of The Conchords" and "Entourage" for 2008. I'm looking forward to more great shows, funny songs from FOTC.

'Conchords,' 'Entourage' Keep Flying :yes:

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I rank em as follows:

Deadwood
    The Wire
    Carnivale
    Oz
    Sopranos

Sopranos lasted 3 seasons too long and had a few unbearable storylines. Otherwise a great show..
    HBO is running the final season of The Wire starting this weekend. Easily the most underrated show in TV history. Absolute brilliance...

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Mr Show was the best thing that ever aired on HBO END of discussion. :irked:

[​IMG]

:)) :ha:

J/K. I'm just a huge fan of Mr Show. I really enjoyed the first few episodes of "The Wire" but after that seemed to get caught up in nothing but repeats of those three episodes (I eventually gave up). I guess I should grab the first season on DVD. Honestly I suffered the same experience with Oz.

I also loved
    Deadwood
    Band of Brothers
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Rome
    Larry Sanders
    ... I'm forgetting something obvious.

4. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Ya'll are all crazy!!!

The best ever HBO show was....

Fraggle Rock!

And that is a serious!!! Not really!

I could agree with Mr. Show, I also loved that show. The lost episode was great.

Attached Files:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hmmmm, part of The Wire's brilliance is that they don't retread themes from season to season and it's an ongoing story vs individual stories and improved with each season.
    That's a complaint I'd never expect about that show..
    Season 1: The Hood
    Season 2: The Docks
    Season 3: Local Gov't
    Season 4: Public Schools
    Season 5: Media
    OZ went about a season and a half too long and did get redundant by the end..

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Sorry, I explained that poorly. I meant "The Movie Network" (the station that broadcasts the Wire in Canada) aired the first few episodes and then kept re-airing those three episodes for some reason. They did the same thing with Oz. I got tired of tuning in to see only to see repeats so I gave up. I enjoyed the what I saw of both shows (loved that psycho "Adibisi" (?) on Oz). Both are from some of the same creative minds that were behind the show "Homicide: Life on the Street" (Tom Fontana, David Simon). Homicide is my all-time fave network drama, so I was really looking forward to checking them out. Because the HBO stuff is a little pricey to purchase I just haven't gotten around to grabbing them.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Man, my wife and I would fight over Adebisi.. He was my absolute favorite character on the show and she outright hated him.. Can't believe Said of all people got the best of him.. I was pissed when they killed off Mr. Ekko on Lost as well.. How the hell did that darn hat stay on his head all the time...

[​IMG]
    RIP Simon Adebisi

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

when do the new Conchords ep's air ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar