Haynesworth's Next Contract Increasing with Each Passing Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: His 26 tackles, 10 QB pressures, two passes defensed, a sack and a tackle for a loss don't begin to tell the impact Titans DT Albert Haynesworth has had so far this season. Due to some changes in his technique, and a big payday ahead, Haynesworth is quickly becoming on of the most dominant defenses forces in the league. "We all know he is one of the most powerful, complete inside players that there is in football," said Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden as he prepares his team to face him on Sunday. Haynesworth is playing so well there's early talk of his candidacy for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. "He's refocused on what's important," said Chad Speck, Haynesworth's agent. "It's rededication from realizing he nearly gave away his career."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone notice The Tennessean changed the headline to that story? :lol:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is plenty of money to go around in the NFL. Whatever he gets he deserves. I think you pay him what he deserves and then look back on it as a bargain in 5 years. It always is. Inflation guarantees it.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Although he has shown to be a dominating power and one of the best at his position during the first five games of this season, i think we should wait until the season ends before making a solid decision on whether to pay him the big buck to resign him or drafting a replacement early in the draft. He could slip and get go forbid injured or do something stupid which would decrease his value.

I would like to see him re-signed though, yet at the end of the day it remains a decision which has to recieve the nod by our accountants and salary cap experts rather than the coaches.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I personally don't want to see us spend alot just to keep him. He is a dominating force in deed...during a contract year. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to keep him, but not at a huge cost. His performance will drop next year if he stays with us and we've re signed him. If he goes elsewhere, he might work harder because he has to prove himself to a new team. Then it'll drop off.

Wasn't rolle the same way?? I think he played big on contract year too.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think last year was bad for him, I dont think hes out there just for the money, I think after last years showing he was embarrassed. And with VY out there I think hes hungry to win, I hope we sign him

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think that we should start "contract negotiations" and offer him a low ball deal after he gets injured or stomps on someone's head. Seriously, he has not played like a top DT over his career. He is definitely in it for the money. He'll always be a good DT when he is healthy because he is a huge body blessed with great athletic ability. He can be useful to us for years to come (he is still pretty young), but let's not break the bank. If he really isn't in it for the money, he will settle before the season is over for a good market level deal instead of "testing the waters" (aka going to the highest bidder) next offseason.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

He has played pretty good throughout an injury plagued career this far. Sounds like another lineman we have. Anyway he's staying healthy and is being noticed across the league. Get him now or someone else will get a premier player when the season ends. If we wait the money will only be going up. For what he's been doing on the field ( and for what he's not doing on the field in regards to his temper ) I say we try to throw some money at him as soon as possible.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I say don't sign him till we make the play offs... It could ruin our chances if we do...

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

he will be worth it. hes still young and getting better each game and year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar