Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tom Foolery, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Agreed.

If nothing else it shows that Geroud should have protected himself. Nobody cried for Clifton when Sapp blindsided him and put him in the hospital.

Protect yourself at all time Geroud, cause you never know when Fat Albert will stomp your head into the Titan turff.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

How can you be so wrong so often about so many things?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

BamaBoy?

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Least disciplined in the league?

Um, hello, Bengals?

This was a terrible thing. Albert should be punished and fined. However, this is not the only time something like this has happened. Players get angry some times, and clearly AH has anger issues. Really we need a better league response to help these guys deal with it. I don't think this reflects on the team's discipline, it reflects on Albert's ability to control himself. He should be ashamed, and he is. He'd better deal with it.

But come on, did you really forget the Bengals?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually a lot of people, including journalists, thought that hit was totally unnecesary and that Sapp should have been fined. The NFL however saw it differently, just like they did with the Trent Green hit.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I can't believe you are comparing a legal hit to what Haynesworth did.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

What I am seeing that is lost in this whole debacle is that we should thank Al for giving us the most memorable penalty announcement ever. "Personal foul... stomping his head in"

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He was tossed for throwing his helmet on the field - second personal foul auto ejection.

IMHO Haynesworth was getting beat, that TD went right thru the spot that Geroud moved him out of, and he was looking for a way off the field.

9. Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88 Guest

Last time I checked Laettner wasn't wearing spikes. Call me crazy but I think it makes a difference.

I want to comment on the majority of opinions that I have seen here that AH deserves some kind of suspension, I think it speaks well of the Titan fan base to realize this and not blindly back your player. I think what Fisher told Parcells after the game was over (paraphrasing here) that if the NFL didn't take appropriate action, then he would is especially admirable.

Good luck the rest of the season. I think Vince just might turn out to be a good one for you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar