Haynesworth Will Not Participate in Titans OTA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What in the hell are you talking about?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't see it happening.

About $8M a year is what the market value is for albert. He doesn't like the franchise tender because he wants a heavy SB. If he is seeking a contract similar to what clements or samuel got he is not going to get it.

His agent might think that because he was one of the 5 most valuable defensive players last year he shoud make $10M a year and of that is the case we are too far apart.

We just signed roos to a $7M a year deal so it isn't like we are not trying and i'm sure we offer at least that much to haynesworth..

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

#92 of the past.

With all the complaints about him he still was a damn good player and a valuable asset in the middle of our defense. Roughly the 10th-12th best DT in a year when he typically would miss about 3 games from injury.

Some players who are certainly no better than he has been have gotten $6M a year type deals. Given what he did last year he can demand more.

2 years ago john henderson signed a 6 year $34M deal. I don't see how albert can justify getting more than $10M above that. That's a 25% bump..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar