Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I got the list from Theredzone.org,they normally put a list out on all the FA at the end of the season and for some stupid reason dont update the list as people get re-signed. I did notice Vickerson name on there after i copied it on here but just never went back and erased it,pretty sure the rest of the list is pretty close to being acccurate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Now they say the Falcons and Bucs are the 2 leading contenders for Hanesworth.

If i were Hanesworth i would think Matt Ryan and Burner Turner would give me more time to rest than that Bucs offense.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

First the McNair and Kearse situations are different. As is the Kearse and Haynesworth situations. We couldn't afford Kearse, not with the contract he got from the Eagles.

Second, if you want people to know what you are talking about, expand your posts beyond 3 lines.

And finally look how brilliantly they played after Tennessee. Tennesee were right not to pay them.

The Titans don't care what you think.

Jared 'stupid' Allen, what are you, 10 years old?

It's not as simple as that. It's about value, it's about numbers, it's about years and signing bonus, and incentives and what others teams are willing to offer.

GMs don't just say 'Hey, have $50 million dollars, come play for us for another 6 years'.

You are one bitter boy.

4. TM

TM Starter

Better check your facts before you further embarrass yourself.

Tlhe Titans voluntarily agreed not to use the franchise tag on AH in 2009 if he met some very easily achievable incentives during the 2008 year, which he did.

It was a huge blunder by our GM. If we now decide not to sign him, we have lost the ability to trade him. He's easily worth a 1st round pick and probably more.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think it was a huge blunder. We would have lost Haynesworth for who knows how long if we didn't tag him.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Two things I really didn't agree with in this thread.

I'd love to be negotiating with P.K. and those of you who agreed with him. You never, never, NEVER offer what you are willing to give to start off a negotiation. Insulting? I wish somebody would insult me then. It's more than we are paying our franchise left tackle, and I'd take Roos over Haynesworth any day. You will see closer to what Tennessee thinks he's worth...on February 26th. I think TJ said something to this effect.

The other thing is the people who are complaining because we made a deal not to franchise tag him again. What happens if we don't do that, he skips training camp, comes in behind and out of shape, and has an average season? Then we wouldn't have gotten his production and he wouldn't have had any trade value. Now that would have been a major blunder.

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

WRONG

I guess good enough to take one back, & eternally lament the loss of the other, while students of the game like you smoothed up in the legend that is Billy Volek?

Please ... Like anyone would ever trust YOUR player evaluations? haha! Reynaldo Hill's career sure panned out for you, didn't it, Copernicus? :rolleyes:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Take one back at a significantly reduced price then what he got. After he was benched and cut from the Eagles.
    And even he recognises he is not what he once was.

No one laments the loss of McNair.

umm...ok?

first of all, what does 'smoothed up in the legend' mean?
    second, prove I was a Volek fan.
    third, proof reading goes a long way.

I had no vested interest in Reynaldo's career. Whether he was a star or not I don't benefit from it. So there goes that theory.
    I also never claimed for him to be a star, never said he would be either. It's called a joke, clearly you've never heard one of these.

I also don't evaluate players so wrong again.

Do you have any idea what your are on about? Or are you just spouting dribble because you have some pathetic hate for some guy on a message board.

Says the one with a vendetta against a person on a forum. You sure are living up the high life aren't you?

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

There's negotiating where you start with a lower offer, slowly counter up and give concessions until you eventually get an offer that is in the range you are willing to pay.

Then there's negotiating where you make sooo low of an offer that they say "Screw That", he's never going to come to something reasonable and completely write you off and start seriously considering other teams/offers.

I'd say the reported offer is in the second category. An offer of 5 years 45-50mil would be in the first category...

And secondly, there are lots of different negotiating styles, nice of you to think yours is the only one with validity.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar