Haynesworth to Return to Titans Next Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I doubt he'll be a target of Olinemen. There are too many cameras these days. No one can take a cheap shot without someone seeing it. Only our players are allowed to do stupid things that hurts the team. ;)

We do need Al on the field desperately. I hope he hasn't gained all of those 30 pounds back he lost during the offseason...

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

AH is done here in TN..................he'll be playing Nov and Dec to establish trade value

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I understand, he may not even come back. There are talks of the "Keyshawn" clause, from when Gruden banished him Tampa.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

word I hear is Fisher does not want him back but FR has told him he needs to get him back on the field to get something for him..............

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Maybe I read my notes incorrectly, but isn't Al a free agent at the end of this season? If yes, then the Titans are only shooting themselves in the foot by benching him for the rest of the season as well as establish inconsistency in enforcing there own zero tolerance rules.

We need Al and he's the only one of our guys who sounded remorseful for what he's done. I'd give him a chance...especially considering how many Pac has already used up. Even if they want to get rid of him they should try and re-sign him cheaper (due to his behaviour) and then trade him if they feel it necessary. And keep this possibility in mind when creating his contract...big roster bonus instead of a big signing bonus.

Otherwise, we are wasting a lot of talent by letting him walk just as we wasted talent when we cut 5 of our best players for nothing. And I'm sure most of us agree, we can't let big talent walk out the door for nothing.

Gut

6. i think we should let him play when he comes back but should probably trade him after the year is over

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Big Al is signed through '07. I have no idea what he'll count against the cap. If the Titans felt he was worthy of a long-term deal, his value is probably never going to be lower than this offseason. I can't imagine anyone would give up a high pick for him though I bet he gets shopped around.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

$6.5M (5.5 base, 1M prorated SB). He hasn't had a season yet worthy of that.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really feel that Albert will come back a more focused player and be really disruptive. He knows that he is fighting for his NFL career. I don't trade him unless we can get someone to give up a 2nd rnder for him. The guy is a difference maker when on the field. I would much prefer to to sign him long term than pay him 6.5mil for next yr, but considering we are paying Sirmon 4.5 this yr I can live with AH playing out his contract if that is what has to happen rather than just giving him away.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Goot lawd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar