Haynesworth to Patriots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Coaching was a problem......:brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. He'll be motivated to change his image. And with the Pats rotating defense they can keep him fresh (and happy) using him primarily as a 4-3 DT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Isn't that the normal percentage for him? Between water breaks and fake injuries?

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

its basically a low risk/high reward type deal for the pats as they only lost a 5th round pick along with getting when he wants ot be a top 5 dt in the league.....2014 he will be restructured by then if he wants to play with them still or be cut....but for the pats....just like with randy they are going out on a limb and it could be a big bang or bust...for them....its worth the risk i guess...

better them than us

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

They will use him as a strong side DE as much as a DT in a 4-3. What they won't do is use him as a NT.

I agree he is motivated to change his image and the Pats got a guy who could be a beast for a few years. Also he didn't cost them anything. The way they inherit his contract means if he is a problem they simply dump him. If he works out they win a championship or two.

That is why I wanted to see the Titans make a move for him. With AH it is all about motivation. The ability is there still. Now he will be motivated to show the Skins were idiots and to win a championship at which time he will also go to a pro bowl or two and maybe finish his career as a very good player. At least those are his motives and I'm not sure he won't succeed. My God the Pats don't even give up the draft pick until 2013. WTF.

6. He didn't want to play 3-4 DE in Washington. Personally, I think he'd be a good one, but I assume he won't want to do in NE either. Maybe Belichick can motivate him into it, but that remains to be seen.

I can see him filling in for a few snaps in the 3-4 as long as they keep him happy primarily as a 4-3 DT. But will he give the effort?

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The Pats always take the unhappy vets and somehow they have great seasons.. i.e Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.

Wilfork and Haynesworth will be two huge guys to get by in the middle.

I'm surprised the Eagles didn't make a move for Al.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol You think the Redskins would let Jim Washburn get a hold of Haynesworth? Why do you think they traded him to the AFC for a future late round pick and a ham sandwich? To keep him away from the Eagles!!!!!

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Him and Vince Wolfork on the same team? That's kinda scary.

I think people are saying that Haynesworth sucks now, because of the fact that we didn't get him back. It doesn't matter what anyone really says about him, because the guy is still a beast (when he wants to) and I for one, wanted him back in TN.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I can't wait to see what happens to him when he blows up and starts taking plays off again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar