Haynesworth to be Signed by Redskins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I hope they don't make the playoffs...for the whole time Al is on that team.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I have been in the camp of keeping Al through the whole build-up, but I'm glad the Titans FO didnt keep the blinders on. IMO no player is worth that kind of payday.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Is Dan Snyder really this dense? I mean goodonya Al for getting the cash, but this approach has never worked for Snyder. I guess he assumed he had tried long enough (1 year) of not overpaying for big name FAs and it was time to start again. Al's contract is crazy, but the real punch line is this:

(DeAngelo) Hall accepted a six-year $54 million deal that included $22.5 million in guarantees, giving the 25-year-old cornerback his second big payday in as many years.

Ya'll say what you want about MR's approach to FA, but he's light years ahead of Snyder.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

ditto

This year I agree. I think the past few years we had completely different needs. There wasn't a cohesive base to the team. We'd heard suggestions from some coaches that the players they had may have been producing but weren't the kind of guys they wanted to build around. Now we have that. We have a nice, solid team with guys that fit the scheme well. We took care of the top priorities (D line, DBs, TE, RB, etc...) first and now we really are just missing a playmaker at WR.

I don't know how a Boldin would do in TN, but I think a guy like Washington or Coles would fit our style really well. Even Housh. None of them are what I'd draw up if I could pick the perfect guy for us, but they'd be significant improvements over what we have now. This is why you don't pay $100+ million on AH - so you can slightly overpay one of these guys to help your team.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I bet Albert is kind of regretting it already. The problem is the Titans should have stricken a little harder much sooner, when they had the chance to retain him for less. I think this $100M talk has risen in the last month or so, at least publically. It's kind of hard to get numbers like that out of your head once they're there.

The funny thing is Albert said he wanted to go to a contender, and I don't think he really did. I think he's going to be really depressed in Washington. I hope not. I wish him well, but I think that "all that glitters is not gold" statement is true. Some gold is great, sure. (I bet he gets that F-850 gold plated now, for instance.)

I can't believe Snyder. $32M in 13 months. Sounds a little like "we'll have your money next year. Pinky promise." It really did become about the money. Oh well. We will be fine, but we better put some more firepower on the offensive side. I hope the Titans don't suddenly decide, "Well, I guess we can give Kerry Collins that $10M now." Please don't do that.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

well, im glad he went to the skins...i mean, we might as well have just thrown Haynesworth in a trash can...its about the same

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

The redskins arent going anywhere. They are known for spending HUGE $$$$$$$ for players, and that has not brough them success in any ways. Big al was only looking for the money, and not for a SB ring. Its crazy to give him a 100 million contract when he can get injured anytime. I stayed up till 4 am this morning waiting for some news, its a big loss for Tennessee but we know how to work things out and still be a good team.

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Redskins just released Sean Springs.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What is really sick (in a good way for AH) is getting 32 million over the next couple of years in this economy. If he is wise or wisely advised- he could parlay that as the economy recovers over the next few years into a an even BIGGER mega-fortune.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

The Redskins, financial-wise, are the AFC version of the Raiders.
    Way to copy Al Davis' style there Snyder. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar