Haynesworth TIME TO GO

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

True, for one play out of 3

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

FYI we didn't keep Haynesworth over Mason et al.

3. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

If you get rid of Haynesworth then you will give up 250-300 yards a game in the Run D. I do not know if you haven't noticed but the Def. Line is not the same when he is not in the game. Even when he takes a play off it turns out bad. He made a mistake... He was man enough to admit it. He wanted the punishment... The so called experts say that Haynesworth is the most underrated DT in the league. Let him go and what the Colts pick him up and put him beside Cory Simon. Great Idea... Whatever. He made a mistake.. What do you think Vanden Bosch would be worth if Haynesworth was not in the game... Nevermind just wait and see the next 5 games.... The Titans have to keep this guy.. He has lived up to the first round pick. We just need another one beside him........!!!!

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Haynesworth- he DOES take plays off. He's way over-rated.

But he is the best DT we've got. 5 games is too much considering a 2nd substance violation is only 4 games.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Personally I found what Haynesworth did more offensive than what Travis Henry did last year.

I'm against getting rid of Haynesworth. The deed has been done, the punishment has been laid down, I'm looking ahead at the Colts now and returning to the life of a Titans fan; thinking about the DTs who are in the game.
    I'm very hopeful now that this will see a positive change in Albert. When I was briefly suspended from high school five years ago it sure set me straight.

6. Riverman

Nobody has ever accused Haynesworth of being the sharpest knife in the drawer. What he did was wrong and he knows it. I honestly believe he regrets it to his core. 5 games is steep and out of proportion. Bad timing for Albert. New commissioner needs to flex his muscles and a no chance small market team player is the perfect match. The sheepish millions will follow suit and everone will "feel good" about it.

The real problem IMO, is that Haynesworth and other playmakers are at their "ropes end" on what to do. It is way out of character for Haynesworth to do what he did. Fisher should be asking himself why would one of my marquee players do something so uncharacteristic. I think Fisher knows why.

This collection of players is not a team and IMO won't be until they can fall in behind something they believe in. And it aint Schwartz, and soon (if not already) it won't be Fisher.

Saw this a few minutes ago. I agree with this guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2610491

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This is ridiculous. As bad as our team is right now you cant blame what Haynesworth did on Schwartz or Fisher.

And what do you mean it is out of character for him to do something like that? He did it, which obviously means it was in his character to do it. Not to mention he has had incidents before. What he did was pretty damn pathetic and it isnt anyones fault but his own.

8. Riverman

Let me clarify. In no shape way or form is what Haynesworth did excusable- he should be held responsible for his actions. He controlled what he did- and he is rightfully being held accountable. He also has repeatedly said it was a mistake. Surely, you don't want to be characterized for your own mistakes- especially if it happened once.

Now with the accountability issue behind us, I think the uncharacteristic nature of his action and Haynesworth's contrition speaks volumes. He lost control. He has been prone to fight in the past, but been able to keep relatively in check. The nature of the game is to push men to their limits. I think he crossed the line because he has (like many other players) lost his focus. For whatever reason, he didn't attack the situation Sunday, like he's done in the past. The defense is horrible. Nothing seems to be working. He apparently isn't being directed (internally or externally) like in the past.

I'm not blaming Schwartz or Fisher for what Haynesworth did. I simply think it is a red flag (or reflects) a degree of negligence in defensive unit supervision. The defense is lost and flailing around pathetically now and I absolutely hold both of them accountable. IMO, a quality HC would use the Haynesworth incident to recognize that drastic CHANGES need to be made with the unit.

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Good post. I agree 100%.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Haynesworth has a history of fighting though, and even had the road rage deal this summer. And I realize those charges were dismissed, but something obviously still happened. I cant see how you can say this event was uncharacteristic when it is quite obvious he has a temper. These guys have to take responsibility for their actions and their pathetic play. We can blame the coaches all we want, and I agree they deserve a lot of blame. But these are NFL players who also have responsibilities on the field. Albert was getting man handled sunday and Julius Jones was constantly running right by him, as well as the rest of the D. Coaches cant go out their and play. I almost think Fisher needs to let these guys know he isnt putting up with it and deactivate Albert for the year, like Gruden did with Keyshawn and the eagles did with TO. Then he should address every single player on the team and tell them to get it together or go somewhere else. This team is an embarrassment right now. Not only are they a bad team, we also have a guy who took probably the cheapest shot in NFL history on our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar