Haynesworth Taking Care of Business

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For much of his first six NFL seasons, Albert Haynesworth has been outspoken and known to get into a scrap or two during training camp. But he has been noticeably low-key since signing his one-year tender and reporting to the Titans on July 25. "Well, we've seen this year this ain't nothing but a business, so I want to approach it as a business," he said. "I'll just do my part now and let business take care of itself." As Haynesworth sees it, the tender leaves no question about his mission for 2008. "I want to go out and show to those people who think that I'm a one-year wonder that I'm not," Haynesworth said. "I want to go out and do it two years in a row and let everything else take care of itself."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Albert is going to end up playing his way out of Tennessee and that's really too bad. I see him becoming an UFA after giving the Titans the best year of his career to date but sadly I think that will drive his value up beyond what Tennessee will be willing to pay.

$.02

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Bi-polar, you might be right but I sure hope not. If Al has another season like last years he will cash in after the season, I just hope the fo will man up and pay the man.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Translation:
    "News flash!... preseason isn't over, and Haynesworth hasn't beaten anyone up yet...."

:suspect:

Must be a dry news day.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Albert is saving up all that rage for the Jaguars.

ALBERT MAD... ALBERT SMASH!

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

How much money will we have next season? We've got to keep Albert and re-up Bulluck, and that could be pretty expensive. Not sure who else will be FA or RFA.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not optimistic about the Titans offering a ton to Bulluck. I think they're grooming Tulloch for his spot.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It would be unreasonable for a 6-year veteran who finally had 1 good year to legitimately expect top NFL money. However, I don't blame him for going after it if the market generates paying him his earned $. But, if I'm spending top $ on a player, I would want at least 2 consecutive dominant seasons - and franchising him this year will give us that opportunity.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd agree with and understand that. I don't know how to gauge it at this point, especially since he'll be on the back side of his career. But I also think that it's not unlikely that Bulluck would agree to less than he might receive elsewhere to stay. He's developed some strong ties here. However, I was wrong about Steve, Eddie, Samari, and Mason...

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Like all players, Keith would certainly like to end his career with a Superbowl ring... When he's on the decline, ready to make the shift from full starter to role player, I somehow figure he'd be more willing to do such on a team with a better chance at winning the big game. Keith will always definitely be a Titan, but really, the kind of career he's had, he would really deserve at least one title. I could imagine him landing in Dallas, though New England of course is a popular option.

As for Al, the problem is that the Titans are little more than solid behind him. Tony Brown is good, but certainly not the kind of guy you'd think of as premium starter. That being said, I still can't quite see them backing up the truck for him; a generally tight-pocketed franchise and a player with only (potentially) two monster seasons? It could really bite them in the butt... but of course, last year showed that a d-line without Al can bite even worse. Anyone care to speculate where Al might end up, if not in Tennessee?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar