Haynesworth Sorry for Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Not likely after that play. Inexcusable! Just more reason to get his lazy arse out of a Titans uni. Go sit on someone else’s field. He is a goon.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree it was awful, but Big Al did own up to it. For those that are saying get rid of him my only response is " You've got to be kidding me!"

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He stomped man's head! That's not football...

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I've seen worse, at least on TV

early 80s Bears preseason game was on TV for some reason, anyhow a bear ran out of bounds on the opponents (Cardinals?) side and fell down. 4 or 5 players gathered around the Bear and stomped on him until some Bears could run across the field to intervene

He raked his cleats across his forhead, but whatever. I'm not appologizing for Fat Albert, I just don't like this collective "gasp" of shock.

Its a physical game and stuff happens. Eddie George had somebody poke a finger an inch or so into his eye, stuff happens.

Again I go back to the Dexter Cokley equiptment cart incident. No flag, no penalty, no nothing at all. Throwing a QB into an equiptment cart is not football either, unless ya get away with it huh?

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

he should be suspended for the whole season without pay, then cut at the end of the year...

we don't need those kind of actions on this team...

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He should be dealt whatever penalty prescednet calls for, and then additional team punishment if Fisher thinks it is warranted.

I have no problem with Haynesworth being a Titan, before the incident or now after the incident. But he should be punished accordingly.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No ones excusing any of that. But come on! No, he didn't graze the guys head with cleats; what was it, 32 stiches, don't come from a damn graze. You're crazy if you think that's a result of just playing football. That was an attack by Haynesworth, and even he recognizes that. Why can't you?

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

word is, the new commissioner is setting the standard, and will in turn make an example of Albert.

Absolute minimum suspension is to be six games, but in all probability we will not see Albert until late November-Early December.

Additionally, there is some scuttlebutt about some legal action against Albert from a civil suit. More to follow.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This is where I agree. All these posters saying he should be released. Please. He showed genuine remorse and he will be penalized heavily. That's enough.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

he showed remorse when he realized what a dumbarse he was....

thurman from cincy got cut and it was for illegal substance and too many DUI's...this is way worse than that...thus i think albert should get cut too...

does anyone think this was albert's way of getting out of tennessee? he hasn't seemed too pleased with the team or it's future in interviews with the media lately...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar