Haynesworth Sorry for Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans DT Albert Haynesworth stomped on Dallas center Andre Gurode's un-helmeted face and was ejected in the third quarter of the 45-14 blowout to the Cowboys. Gurode needed stitches above his left eye and didn't return because of blurry vision. He apologized after the game for his actions. "What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name," said Haynesworth. "When I was sitting in here in the locker room when the game was going on, I was looking at my phone, which has my kids on it. I don’t want them to have my last name and to think their Dad was a dirty player because I don’t play that way. I play with a lot of heart. What I did out there was disgusting. It doesn’t matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can’t describe it."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

He should be sorry. Peter King of SI called it an 'assault'....which it pretty much was. That has no place in the game of football, regardless of the team they play for. Sucks, plain and simple, sucks. Sorry COWBOYS fans, he doesn't represent the whole...

3. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

That was inexcusable on Albert's part...I hate to lose his play on the field, but this deserves a hefty fine along with a multiple game suspension. There is absolutely no place for that. I was hoping they would use some of that 41 million under the cap to resign him, but now I am not so sure.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, we can't let the Raiders or Ravens get him.

We will resign him.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

He will need some big cash after the fine he'll get for being stupid.

6. LSBMAN

LSBMAN Guest

Dump Haynesworth Now!!!!

Dear Tennessee Titans,

This jerk should be terminated from the team IMMEDIATELY. Cut him! Trade him! Give him the mascot job! Better yet, turn the video tape over the Nashville Police so that an assault and battery charge can be filed against him and he needs to stand before a judge and do time. It was malicious. I don't buy the little church boy routine after the game. How can you apologize for nearly causing brain damage or loss of sight? Maybe he should do what T.O. didn't have the guts to do - the penalty for this athlete should be severe - a fine is not enough - he should be cut IMMEDIATELY. But knowing how scared the Titans are of making moves that will signal who's in charge in the locker room, nothing will probably happen - except for me and many more like me will not buy Titan tickets again. It was a disgrace. I had to explain to my kids what was going on and my son turned to me and said, "Daddy, why is he hurting someone without a helmet, doesn't he know he could have killed him?" Out of the mouth of babes...

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what a wuss

It's football not ballett

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Don't get me wrong...it was disgraceful and I would be fine if they suspended him for the rest of the season. As far as "cutting" him goes... I don't know for sure, but I have a felling the players union and CBA won't let you do that.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not to mention how stupid it would be for us to cut him, just see a host of other teams swarming to sign him.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

5 game minimum.

No excuse for it.

At least we won't have to worry about him getting another boo boo on the field for a while, and watching Fisher run out to console him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar