Haynesworth now an unwanted man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Soxcat, I would agree with you, except that we weren't able to reach a deal worth 7 million per year after 2007. He wanted more than that. He probably would have accepted slightly under 10 million per year, but not much less.

Yes, if we could have signed Haynesworth for top 5 value early on, that would have been great and the team would have been fools not to do it. Problem is, both sides have to agree to a contract. It's the same reason why the team isn't proposing to CJ to just bump up the next three years with 2 million per year. CJ isn't interested in that, he wants big up front money.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It doesn't matter. Jason Campbell is better than any QB we have.... should we pay him 100 million dollars for it?

VALUE.

It's an important word, and if you understand it- you don't even WANT Albert Haynesworth on this team. He's going to be overpaid nomatter what. He's still living off the name he made in college.

Haynesworth isn't worth half the money he wants. We can find many DL better than Albert for half the cost that'll actually try every game, every down, and not miss 4 games a year for a stubbed toe.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Titans could have made AH the highest paid DT in the league after 2007 and it would not have cost near what his demands were after 2008. They also could have included incentives like making the pro-bowl for an extra mil to keep him motivated. The point is by franchising him and AH having a monster year they were basically saying bye bye with no compensation and we ended up using two very valuable 2nd round picks to try and fill the void.

I find it funny how teams value draft picks so much they won't give up a 4th rounder for a proven NFL vet who can come right in and play but they have no problem letting good players go which ends up costing them higher picks (sometimes multiple picks) to find a replacment who is higher risk (might not ever amount to anything) or takes a few years to contribute. It makes no sense.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

And it's his third contract from the Titans. You probably missed that little detail.

I really think Tony Brown has his best ball ahead of him. At the very least, I have a decent amount of faith that Brown won't lay down because he finally got paid.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's right say something that is factually wrong and try being a smartass about it.

Brown signed a 3 year deal for $1.6M a year in 2007. Wow giant contract there.:rolleyes:

He came here as a reject that nobody wanted we hardly can make any comparison to Albert Hayesworth. Only now is Brown making some real money with his new 3 year $17M deal.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Bring him in for the Veteran Minimum. :yes:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bahahaha, NO!

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Now Deuce I'm not saying that AH is worth $100 Million, I'm just saying that he's better than our other DTs and I'd still love to have him back.

RollTide and me are on the same page because we should have locked AH up WAY before we let him hit FA.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

being in agreement with bamaboy usualy means you need to reevaluate your position - lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Good one! But when you're right, you're right. The man was right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar