Haynesworth May Appeal Suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Well said.

2. sage

sage Guest

I couldn't agree more with you bud! Regardless even if he does try to appeal it, I don't think he has a leg to stand on...or head.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The NFLPA has to appeal this, its their job. Its going to be horrible press, and its going to make Albert look even worse, but the Union has to look out for the players. They'll appeal it based on the fact thats its more than twice the previous longest suspension for on the field violence.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Agree with Nigel. As I said to a buddy this morning, I'd argue for Albert appealing, but he's as defenseless as the guy he stomped on.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They would appeal it even if it was less than the standard. The Union is sick that way. I don't think they have any idea of what is right or wrong, they just follow the law book to see what will happen for their benefit either now or down the road.

And sometimes you will see the system set up with that in mind. That way it looks like the NFL came down hard on the player, and then in small print they waive everything off so the players still get paid and still play and the nfl still gets paid too. But one day that little system will backfire, cause someone will write a book about it, and blow the doors off it in front of congress. `

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar