Haynesworth is getting an early start...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess I'm not quite as bitter over AH as everyone else. AH was one of the best DL guys to ever play for the franchise. I'm also impressed with the way he ressurected his career to a HOF level after the stomping incident and I'm greatful we got two fantastic seasons out of him despite him leaving. The only time I feel I'll be hoping he fails is if we ever play the Skins and I'm greatful he isn't playing for a team in our division.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're getting way ahead of yourself. Sure Haynesworth played two great seasons. He also played FIVE sub-par seasons. He never won a ring, or even helped us deep into the playoffs for that matter. Yeah, he was on the team in '02, but he wasn't the reason we we're a successful team that year. No reason to be swinging from his junk.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure, Haynesworth didn't take his fitness or technique seriously which resulted in him being less than he could have been. The head-stomp thing cost him some games as well. But he was the team's best DT the entire time he was with the Titans when on the field.

Not going deeper into the playoffs was far from being Haynesworth's fault. He was a top five DT his final two seasons and, if he were to string together numbers close to those for the next eight seasons, he would be HOF worthy.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's a big big IF. In '06, the defense actually played better while Haynesworth was suspended.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

in 07 were were like 1-6 without him

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We did pretty good without him last season also.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Albert was an impact player. When he was off the field, you could tell. The guy was an awesome football player and his presence will be missed. I just don't see us having that kind of dominant player on our defensive roster right now. I hope I'm wrong. We shall see....

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

even if that were true, which it isn't, what does that say about a guy who isn't there for nearly half the games? have you got helman's between your ears? that statement, that, made-up bull crap stat is total garbage, and even if it were true it would only point to Al being a weak link rather than a stronger one.

your name suits you.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the Titans have a 33-26 record with Haynesworth on the field and a 6-15 record with Haynesworth either sidelined by injury or suspension. Over the last two seasons, Tennessee is 16-8 with Haynesworth and 2-6 without.

in 07 we were 0-3 with him on the bench with a hammy issue.

heard of exaggeration much. obv AH wasnt out 7 games in 07, and obv if we went 1-6 without him in 07, that means that every loss occurred when AH was sidelined, which obv isnt the case

your name suits you as well, since you have split personalities. unfortunately the only personality around these boards is your personality that doesnt know anything.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Just my opinion, we don't need a dominant player like that on our defense. We just need a good well-rounded defense, which I believe we still have. Haynesworth made some waves the last two seasons, but we fielded great defenses some of the five seasons Haynesworth played like crap before he broke out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar