Haynesworth Hopes Franchise Tag Leads to Long-term Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Yea, that's why so many players choose to sit out if they are given the franchise tag. It's really a messed up situation. If you play and get injured, you're done. At least if you have guaranteed money, you are covered.

2. The Mrs

Dontdraftcutler, was your post some sort of jab about Albert's speech pattern? If so, you don't know Albert very well. He's well spoken and enunciates his words clearly.

3. The franchise tag is guaranteed. Poor guys are being oppressed with their paltry $7M pittance they have been guaranteed for a year...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea but it is only guaranteed money for that year.
    If he gets 14 mil upfront and gets hurt he is much better off. I'd make him a 5 year offer that averages out to 7 mil per year with about 14 of it upfront. If AH really wants to stay in TN and have some extra security above the risks involved with being franchised he will seriously consider the offer (if he is smart). If he thinks he should get a deal for way more than that say too bad and franchise him.

5. The Mrs

It's paltry if you can get double that in guaranteed money. Based on the industry that Albert works in and his Pro Bowl status, 7 million is paltry. If I were Stephanie, I'd encourage him to sit.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm not completely sold on selling the farm for Albert. If we're buying the 2007 version of Albert, go for it. But if we're buying the 2004 or 2005 version, we best pass on him and let someone else worry about him.
    Too many weight problems. On-field and locker room problems. Hasn't completed a full year without injuries. And my biggest problem with Albert, (and remember, this is IMO), I don't think he's completely in the game. It's a 'job' for Albert, not football.
    I think he played for a new contract this season. I hope I'm wrong!

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

let him prove himself some more, franchise him and then see how he plays

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Nah, I was just playing. I remember Michael Strahan saying something to that effect one time. I meant no harm.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thankfully women have very little to do with the money side of the sport

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's had a few solid years, and one great year. I think he was Pro Bowl or close to it in 05. I think he really got better as far as looking inconsistent in 05. The other stuff just doesn't constitute "inconsistent" to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar