Haynesworth Hopes Franchise Tag Leads to Long-term Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Albert Haynesworth said he'd be disappointed if the Titans franchised him and didn't intend to sign him to a long-term deal. On the other hand, if the Titans follow the path of how the Colts franchised Dwight Freeney and worked out a long-term deal, it would please Haynesworth. "That would be great, that's what happened to (Colts defensive end) Dwight Freeney last year and he got a deal worked out," Haynesworth said. "I hope that happens, if that's the case, if they want to do it that way. But if they franchise me just to keep me here one more year, I'd be disappointed with that. I'd just have to prepare myself to be able to hit the market next year." If franchised, Haynesworth will be paid the average salary of the top five DTs in the league. Last season, that figure that was $6.775 million.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Franchise him.. it would make him play better next year knowing if he performs well he gets PAID

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Has anyone told Albert that the franchise tag can be used for more than one season?

:duckrun:

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I just hope that if we put the franchise tag on his humongous arse, he doesn't get disgruntle! I hope they can come to a long term agreement and keep big "92" in music city for good.:yes:

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'm still in favor of skipping the tag, and just getting him signed long term if possible.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Tag this guy and be done with it. He's had ONE solid year with the Titans and needs to prove himself Justin Smith style. If he's playing consistent again in 08 we make the move to a long term deal. This is exactly why the franchise tag was invented. We should be focusing our efforts on resigning Stewart, Bironas, Hall and Odom.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Albert is an inconsistent player. His contract year was the only year he played dominantly. Also, he has chronic back problems.

Bottom line, the team has more than enough cap room to deal and hadn't even had serious talks with Albert's agent. Perhaps Fisher worries that once Albert gets a lucrative deal he will return to his lazy and inconsistent, fighting with teammates in practice ways.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Shuuuut uuuuup!

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Dayummm yahll....Juth Gib dat fool hith munee...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar