Haynesworth has picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I love how everybody complains about his signings, but nobody can come up with someone he should have signed. Odom may be the only one I would consider a mistake, and that one was a very iffy situation. We have had a net loss of zero starters through free agency. (-1 for Odom, - 1 for Bell, +1 for Crumpler, +1 for Scott)

And now we are going to play the "Judging players after one year" game. Ooo, fun. :rolleyes:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Once again, you throw in just enough absolutely stupid comments that I can't really take you seriously. If you really think that our GM doesn't work his @ss off, you really don't know much about professional sports, and the long hours that these positions really involve. You may disagree with some of his choices, but it's just ignorant to paint that picture of him. Later you comment on his drafting skills, but with no analysis. I'll be honest, I haven't gone back and checked all of his old picks with Seattle, but I'm not about to judge last year's draft yet, though so far I'm thrilled with our first round pick at least. But in terms of free agents, he brought in Gage last year at a discount price, who proceeded to have the best year of his career and the best year of any titans WR (for last year). True, we didn't get a 1000 yard wr, but what's the point? We're a running team. Yes, we're trying to improve, but there's an overall strategy in place as well. We're not going to become a bengals/eagles/saints style offense. And the "spendthrift" comments... don't you think that's a huge part of his orders from bud? This franchise watched cap hell for several years when we could have been more productive, I'm sure the owner and coach are still feeling conservative after that, and wouldn't have hired MR if he was going to go crazy. If you wanted to overpay Odom, Dante Hall, or Stallworth, that's fine, but I'm glad we didn't drop a bunch of money on them.

Feel free to just keep making irrational criticisms, but don't expect yourself to be taken seriously. Your worthless sniping degrades this forum, and serves no purpose other than to annoy people and make you feel better. At least make a better point if you're going to be contentious.

I apologize to others if this crosses a personal line and gets me warned for the first time in 3 years here, but man this kind of stuff frustrates me.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

AH needs to concentrate on getting in shape and getting that contract done. Malcom Kelly is an average WR. The only reason he has a 1 grade is the WR core this class is weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar